Iowa 2014

seasalt_
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 pm
Division: B
State: IA
Contact:

Iowa 2014

Postby seasalt_ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Are there ANY people on here from Iowa? Preferably people from Mount Vernon/Johnston?
Eh, states in 3 days anyway.

zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 1537
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: KS
Location: Drake University
Contact:

Re: Iowa 2014

Postby zyzzyva980 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:16 am

Yes! I am from Iowa! Unfortunately, I'm from Iowa in the sense that I'm a student at Drake, and my competing days (in Kansas) are over. But I'm hoping to get to learn more and help out with Iowa SO while I'm still here.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: Wiki & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

Astroknight
Member
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:57 am
Division: C
State: TN
Location: The middle of somewhere
Contact:

Re: Iowa 2014

Postby Astroknight » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 am

seasalt_ wrote:Are there ANY people on here from Iowa? Preferably people from Mount Vernon/Johnston?
Eh, states in 3 days anyway.


If you could do us all a favor, please post the results from state once it happens? Thanks :mrgreen: .
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design

seasalt_
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 pm
Division: B
State: IA
Contact:

Re: Iowa 2014

Postby seasalt_ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:52 am

Astroknight wrote:
seasalt_ wrote:Are there ANY people on here from Iowa? Preferably people from Mount Vernon/Johnston?
Eh, states in 3 days anyway.


If you could do us all a favor, please post the results from state once it happens? Thanks :mrgreen: .


Will do! States this Sat.. I'm pretty sure the top 3 is either going to be
Mt. Vernon
Ames
Johnston
or
Ames
Mt. Vernon
Johnston
I'm super excited for the competition! hopefully we do well

seasalt_
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 pm
Division: B
State: IA
Contact:

Re: Iowa 2014

Postby seasalt_ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 am

THE RESULTS ARE IN (and they make me cry because my team (Ames) literally lost by ONE point:
Iowa- B
1st- Mt. Vernon Middle School
2nd- Ames Middle School
3rd- Johnston Middle School

Iowa- C

1st- Ames High School
2nd- Burlington (i think thats how you spell it?) High School
3rd- Mt. Vernon Middle School.

To summarize it all up, AMS is starting a losing streak and AHS is continuing their never defeated reign of wins. I would totally do scioly next year but who wants to go to Nebraska...

Astroknight
Member
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:57 am
Division: C
State: TN
Location: The middle of somewhere
Contact:

Re: Iowa 2014

Postby Astroknight » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:12 am

seasalt_ wrote:THE RESULTS ARE IN (and they make me cry because my team (Ames) literally lost by ONE point:
Iowa- B
1st- Mt. Vernon Middle School
2nd- Ames Middle School
3rd- Johnston Middle School

Iowa- C

1st- Ames High School
2nd- Burlington (i think thats how you spell it?) High School
3rd- Mt. Vernon Middle School.

To summarize it all up, AMS is starting a losing streak and AHS is continuing their never defeated reign of wins. I would totally do scioly next year but who wants to go to Nebraska...



Thanks, I feel for ya. ;)
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design


Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest