OSU Helicopters (Petition Against Field House)

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: OSU Helicopters (Petition Against Field House)

Post by Unome »

zyzzyva980 wrote: 3) If there was any state that I would trust to make everything as fair as possible to every team, it would be Ohio. You guys take for granted how efficiently and overall just how well Ohio runs its state tournament. If you had to compete at, say, a smaller state like Oklahoma or Iowa or even like Kansas, you'd probably be having fits. (Plug for Kansas: It is a great tournament by the way. They do a good job)
Agreed. Georgia is one of the more competitive states, but the tournament is not really that great. The awards ceremony was delayed by about two hours, and the proctor for Entomology was in Australia during the competition. (But the guy that wrote the Heredity test was great, so it's not all bad)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Astroknight
Division: C
State: TN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Astroknight »

Unome wrote:
zyzzyva980 wrote: 3) If there was any state that I would trust to make everything as fair as possible to every team, it would be Ohio. You guys take for granted how efficiently and overall just how well Ohio runs its state tournament. If you had to compete at, say, a smaller state like Oklahoma or Iowa or even like Kansas, you'd probably be having fits. (Plug for Kansas: It is a great tournament by the way. They do a good job)
Agreed. Georgia is one of the more competitive states, but the tournament is not really that great. The awards ceremony was delayed by about two hours, and the proctor for Entomology was in Australia during the competition. (But the guy that wrote the Heredity test was great, so it's not all bad)

Same here in Tennessee. It's a competitive state, but the state tournament is known for reusing tests from the year before and/or not using original tests. The awards ceremony has been in an auditorium where not everyone can fit, but thankfully there was split awards this year, so it was OK (this problem will be solved next year as the awards ceremony is being moved).
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design
Toms_42
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Toms_42 »

This reminds me of 2011 bottle rockets. Our (awful) rocket landed on a roof, and the timers kept running until it slowly rolled off. We got third, which is acutally fairly sad that our rocket was so bad it STILL didn't win even with the added 15-30 seconds on that roof.

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”