Astroknight
Division: C
State: TN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by Astroknight »

ckssv07 wrote:
dholdgreve wrote:Ohio has placed both of their national teams in the top 10 the last 5 consecutive years...I don't see this year being any different.
The second team probably will make top 10, but I won't make any guarantees since the competition this year will be a lot stiffer... :?
And why do you say that?
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design
lovescience
Division: B
State: OH

Post by lovescience »

MMeteorite1 wrote:Not to get too off topic, but my rating for Ohio B 1. Solon, 2, Memorial, 3. Magsig, 4. Chardon, 5. Westlake/Kenston/Shore
abby1kanobe wrote:No one has any love for Magsig?? Only lost to Memorial by 8 points at Solon and beat Chardon pretty handily. Ohio states is gonna be one heck of a nail biter for that second national slot.
My guess for Ohio: 1. Solon 2. Magsig 3. Memorial 4/5 (two of the following: Tower Heights, Westlake, Mason or Shore)

National: 1.Solon, 2. Meads Mill 3. Magsig 4. DW 5. Marie Murphy 6.Shady Side
ThatRoboGuy

Post by ThatRoboGuy »

lovescience wrote:
MMeteorite1 wrote: My guess for Ohio: 1. Solon 2. Magsig 3. Memorial 4/5 (two of the following: Tower Heights, Westlake, Mason or Shore)
Again, I don't see a "Chardon" in there anywhere. You really think Chardon won't hit top 5 at states?
Here to help
Sciolapedia
State: PA

Post by Sciolapedia »

Chardon is most likely not going to be the second team. They haven't made it the last like 5 years or so and I dont see this year being different especially since none of the teams have gotten worse. I think it will probably be memorial again since they've been doing pretty well at the invitationals.
ckssv07
State: PA

Post by ckssv07 »

Astroknight wrote:
ckssv07 wrote:
dholdgreve wrote:Ohio has placed both of their national teams in the top 10 the last 5 consecutive years...I don't see this year being any different.
The second team probably will make top 10, but I won't make any guarantees since the competition this year will be a lot stiffer... :?
And why do you say that?
Well this is how I see it.
There are four teams who are essentially guaranteed top 5.(Solon, Marie Murphy, DW, and Meads Mill) Then there is Booth, Beckendorff, and Churchill, who should be ahead of Gelinas and Shady Side. Shady Side has beaten all of the OH teams other than Solon, and Magsig, and Mentor once, but beat them the other times. Muscatel and Eagle Hill are also contending for a nats place, so the second OH team may not make top 10, but any one of the teams mentioned above could rather easily end up out of the top 10 allowing for another team to take their place...
lovescience

Post by lovescience »

ThatRoboGuy wrote:
lovescience wrote:
MMeteorite1 wrote: My guess for Ohio: 1. Solon 2. Magsig 3. Memorial 4/5 (two of the following: Tower Heights, Westlake, Mason or Shore)
Again, I don't see a "Chardon" in there anywhere. You really think Chardon won't hit top 5 at states?
No, I guess I don't. At Solon, they came in 15th, behind the other teams listed. Chardon did beat Mentor at their Regional, but not by much and the other teams seem to be pretty tough. They may make it, but it will be tight. The competition is fierce in Ohio this year.
Cheese_Muffin_Man

Post by Cheese_Muffin_Man »

Should someone start one for C division too?
ThatRoboGuy

Post by ThatRoboGuy »

Saying that Chardon won't hit top five though is disappointing to see. Second at Regionals (To the national champions, Solon, who got first) and Chardon won't be in the top five? That just...no.
Here to help
Crazy Puny Man
Division: Grad
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

ThatRoboGuy wrote:Saying that Chardon won't hit top five though is disappointing to see. Second at Regionals (To the national champions, Solon, who got first) and Chardon won't be in the top five? That just...no.
Yo, calm down bro, all you gotta do is prove 'em wrong in 5 weeks time ;)
lovescience

Post by lovescience »

Crazy Puny Man wrote:
ThatRoboGuy wrote:Saying that Chardon won't hit top five though is disappointing to see. Second at Regionals (To the national champions, Solon, who got first) and Chardon won't be in the top five? That just...no.
Yes - all true BUT someone was going to take second to Solon and there were only what, six or seven points between Chardon and Memorial? That is not a big lead, and there are other teams out there doing just as well in their regions. One of them may have also come in behind Solon and just beaten Memorial. All I am saying is that the competition is fierce and some of the teams, Memorial, Magsig, etc. know how to compete well in the tougher events. I think the ones to watch are Mason and Westlake. They may surprise everyone.

Return to “2014 Nationals”