Unofficial Rankings B

Buckstops
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by Buckstops »

Anyone have the scores from No CA State? 40 whoa!
Buckstops
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn"
noodleluvr
State: TX

Post by noodleluvr »

Just wondering, as an olympiad from Texas, why isn;t Beckendorff on any of these lists?
-Ashe, The Frost Archer

1st at Nats- 2014
AJTheGreat1729
Division: C
State: IL

Post by AJTheGreat1729 »

noodleluvr wrote:Just wondering, as an olympiad from Texas, why isn;t Beckendorff on any of these lists?
You make a good point. I hadn't seen the name before *cough* newbie *cough* but they seem to be quite strong. I knew Texas had great C division teams from WSU but Beckendorff is bound to do well.
2014 R/S/N
Entomology 2/3/x
Road Scholar 2/3/x
Experimental 5/8/x
Team 1/2/x

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[witty comment][/witty comment]
noodleluvr
State: TX

Post by noodleluvr »

Oh okay, thanks :)
-Ashe, The Frost Archer

1st at Nats- 2014
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

anyone know anything about the school that beat out marie murphy? and with a tie??? poor mm, i feel bad for them kids. hope the coach isnt to mad at them.
havenbreadfish
State: PA

Post by havenbreadfish »

NaCl wrote:anyone know anything about the school that beat out marie murphy? and with a tie??? poor mm, i feel bad for them kids. hope the coach isnt to mad at them.
Well, considering they beat Marie Murphy, we can assume that the'll be a strong contender at nationals. They're not as proven as Marie Murphy, but they certainly must be comparable to them, which automatically makes them a strong team.

What happened has already happened. I'm sure MM worked hard this year, things just didn't go their way. Their coach shouldn't be mad at them at all. I still feel bad for them, but that sympathy is outweighed by the happiness I feel for Science and Arts. :P
Strath Haven Science Olympiad - 6th Year

2016 Events: Invasive Species, Dynamic Planet, Green Generation, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Hydrogeology
Past Events: Road Scholar, Heredity, Water Quality, DP, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Entomology
matthew101802

Post by matthew101802 »

havenbreadfish wrote:
NaCl wrote:anyone know anything about the school that beat out marie murphy? and with a tie??? poor mm, i feel bad for them kids. hope the coach isnt to mad at them.
Well, considering they beat Marie Murphy, we can assume that the'll be a strong contender at nationals. They're not as proven as Marie Murphy, but they certainly must be comparable to them, which automatically makes them a strong team.

What happened has already happened. I'm sure MM worked hard this year, things just didn't go their way. Their coach shouldn't be mad at them at all. I still feel bad for them, but that sympathy is outweighed by the happiness I feel for Science and Arts. :P
Well, Science and Arts got third at WSU, and getting second at State, I think they can get 6th or so in Nationals. This is the first time that a Nats bid was on the like for a tie.
SO Events 2013 (JV)
Inv/R/S
Boom 3/1/-
Keep The Heat 1/1/-
Shock 1/3/-
Pentathlon -/-/2

SO Events 2014 (V)
Wright State/Lisle/R/S/N
WIDI 7/8/2/29/39
Robo 7/1/1/9/17
Shock 2/1/1/1/9
Simple 12/2/1/11/26

Kaboom!
Total Medal Count: 20
Astronomer252

Post by Astronomer252 »

havenbreadfish wrote:

Wow, thanks! That's really nice of you! If you're going to Nationals, good luck!
2013-14 Placements- WSU/ Lisle/ Grayslake/ Regionals/ State/ Nationals
Solar System: 1/1/2/1/1/18
Helicopters:15/1/3/3/4/18
Dynamic Planet:4/1/1/1/3/23
Team:3/2/2/1/2/14

2014-15 Placements- Regionals/ State
Astronomy: 3/?
Dynamic Planet: 1/?
Geologic Mapping: 2/?
Team: 4/?
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

This year seems to be an insane one. :shock:
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Sciolapedia
State: PA

Post by Sciolapedia »

This year will be a lot more competitive and will probably result in favorites not making the top 10.

Return to “2014 Nationals”