Division: B
State: TN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by abby1kanobe »

Lets add in these results for comparison purposes:

West Liberty Salem invitational

1.Solon 89, 2. Bearden 168, 3.Magsig 170, 4. Grandview Heights 205, 5. Tower Heights 212, 6. Watts 214

Booth Invitational

1.Booth 99, 2 Piedmont 122, 3. Bearden 141, 4.Dodgen 198, 5. Fulton Science Academy 257, 6.Dodgen B 296, 7.Auburn A 305

Chatahoochee Inviational

1.Dodgen MS 86, 2.Bearden MS 93, 3.Fulton Science Academy 100, 4.Auburn 128
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

abby1kanobe wrote:Lets add in these results for comparison purposes:

West Liberty Salem invitational

1.Solon 89, 2. Bearden 168, 3.Magsig 170, 4. Grandview Heights 205, 5. Tower Heights 212, 6. Watts 214

Booth Invitational

1.Booth 99, 2 Piedmont 122, 3. Bearden 141, 4.Dodgen 198, 5. Fulton Science Academy 257, 6.Dodgen B 296, 7.Auburn A 305

Chatahoochee Inviational

1.Dodgen MS 86, 2.Bearden MS 93, 3.Fulton Science Academy 100, 4.Auburn 128

I really wouldn't count any results from the Chattahoochee Invite. November Invites are too early in the season to judge anything and are all about seeing how the new kids do...
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
mrburrito

Post by mrburrito »

Oh, look at this. The thread has returned, I should check this site more often.

1. Daniel Wright
2. Solon
3. Winston Churchill
4. Science and Arts
5. Mentor Memorial
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckondorff
8. Paul J. Gelinas
9. Shady Side
10. Booth

This is the correct answer :D
Last edited by mrburrito on April 18th, 2014, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
havenbreadfish
Division: C
State: PA

Post by havenbreadfish »

mrburrito wrote:Oh, look at this. The thread has returned, I should check this site more often.

1. Daniel Wright
2. Solon
3. Winston Churchill
4. Marie Murphy
5. Mentor Memorial
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckondorff
8. Paul J. Gelinas
9. Shady Side
10. Booth

The fact that Marie Murphy won't be at nationals automatically makes this incorrect. :P Science and Arts Academy beat them in a tie at states. Other than that, yeah, these seem to be decent rankings. I'd imagine Beckendorff would be a bit higher, but it gets really tough at this point.
Strath Haven Science Olympiad - 6th Year

2016 Events: Invasive Species, Dynamic Planet, Green Generation, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Hydrogeology
Past Events: Road Scholar, Heredity, Water Quality, DP, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Entomology
noodleluvr
State: TX

Post by noodleluvr »

I still think that Beckendorff should be placed higher.
-Ashe, The Frost Archer

1st at Nats- 2014
Adi1008
Division: Grad
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Adi1008 »

It would be tough for me to give each team their own rankings. Last year, the results were extremely close between some of the schools (e.g., Daniel Wright and Solon and a tie between Meads Mill and Winston Churchill), so I'm going to place them in tiers instead. Within each tier, I expect those teams to fight it out against each other. All of my listings are in no particular order within each tier.

1st and 2nd: Solon and Daniel Wright
3rd through 5th: Meads Mill, Winston Churchill, Beckendorff
6th through 10th: Mentor Memorial , Paul J. Gelinas, SSA, JC Booth, Muscatel
noodleluvr wrote:I still think that Beckendorff should be placed higher.
I personally believe Beckendorff's success will lie in how well its building events do. Last year, their study events were extremely solid (with the exception of R4TS), but they bombed Helicopters (51st), Rotor (43rd), and (depending on your definition of bombed) Mousetrap (31st). Had they been around 20th or 30th, I believe they could have easily been a top 5 team. While the same could be said for other teams (Mentor Memorial got 50th in Sounds of Music and Meads Mill got 56th [!] in Mousetrap), I personally feel as if it applies to Beckendorff more. However, we can't really say for sure until state. The regionals they went to was plagued with some questionable scoring and placements for all teams, and they never really had a stacked team during the invitationals.
Stanford University
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14
ckssv07
State: PA

Post by ckssv07 »

Adi1008 wrote:It would be tough for me to give each team their own rankings. Last year, the results were extremely close between some of the schools (e.g., Daniel Wright and Solon and a tie between Meads Mill and Winston Churchill), so I'm going to place them in tiers instead. Within each tier, I expect those teams to fight it out against each other. All of my listings are in no particular order within each tier.

1st and 2nd: Solon and Daniel Wright
3rd through 5th: Meads Mill, Winston Churchill, Beckendorff
6th through 10th: Mentor Memorial , Paul J. Gelinas, SSA, JC Booth, Muscatel
noodleluvr wrote:I still think that Beckendorff should be placed higher.
I personally believe Beckendorff's success will lie in how well its building events do. Last year, their study events were extremely solid (with the exception of R4TS), but they bombed Helicopters (51st), Rotor (43rd), and (depending on your definition of bombed) Mousetrap (31st). Had they been around 20th or 30th, I believe they could have easily been a top 5 team. While the same could be said for other teams (Mentor Memorial got 50th in Sounds of Music and Meads Mill got 56th [!] in Mousetrap), I personally feel as if it applies to Beckendorff more. However, we can't really say for sure until state. The regionals they went to was plagued with some questionable scoring and placements for all teams, and they never really had a stacked team during the invitationals.
I think that's pretty accurate but I would put Booth in place of memorial.
mrburrito

Post by mrburrito »

havenbreadfish wrote:
mrburrito wrote:Oh, look at this. The thread has returned, I should check this site more often.

1. Daniel Wright
2. Solon
3. Winston Churchill
4. Marie Murphy
5. Mentor Memorial
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckondorff
8. Paul J. Gelinas
9. Shady Side
10. Booth

The fact that Marie Murphy won't be at nationals automatically makes this incorrect. :P Science and Arts Academy beat them in a tie at states. Other than that, yeah, these seem to be decent rankings. I'd imagine Beckendorff would be a bit higher, but it gets really tough at this point.
Lol, haven't been paying attention, I just assumed they would win. I fixed it now.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

mrburrito wrote:
havenbreadfish wrote:

1. Daniel Wright
2. Solon
3. Winston Churchill
4. Marie Murphy
5. Mentor Memorial
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckondorff
8. Paul J. Gelinas
9. Shady Side
10. Booth

Lol, haven't been paying attention, I just assumed they would win. I fixed it now.
I'm still completely confident that Dodgen will make top ten.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
qwertyuiop1234567890
State: IL

Post by qwertyuiop1234567890 »

1. Daniel Wright
2. Solon
3. Winston Churchill
4. Science and Arts
5. Mentor Memorial
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckondorff
8. Paul J. Gelinas
9. Shady Side
10. Booth

I think Meads Mill will place higher. Didn't they get second at Solon (behind Solon)?

Return to “2014 Nationals”