Unofficial Rankings C

Astroknight
Division: C
State: TN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unofficial Rankings C

Post by Astroknight »

This forum is for prediction and discussion of the top 10 teams in C division this year. This is not meant to cause controversy, just topic for discussion. :D
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design
chinesesushi
State: CA

Re: Unofficial Rankings C

Post by chinesesushi »

What are your predictions?
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.
Astroknight

Post by Astroknight »

chinesesushi wrote:What are your predictions?
I don't know that much about C division, but I'll give it a go.
1. Harriton
2. Solon
3. Centerville
4. Troy (CA)
5. Seven Lakes
6. Fayetteville-Manlius
7. New Trier
8. LASA
9. Grand Haven
10. West-Windsor Plainsboro South

2015 events:
Crazy Puny Man
Division: Grad
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

Not bad, but Adlai Stevenson needs to be up there, and you cannot ignore Mounds View
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

I'm not sure you can put Harriton first in the nation when they didn't get first at regionals. They appear to have lost a bit from graduation and probably won't match last year's 2nd place. I would also put Mounds View in there, possibly replacing LASA.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
ckssv07
State: PA

Post by ckssv07 »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:I'm not sure you can put Harriton first in the nation when they didn't get first at regionals. They appear to have lost a bit from graduation and probably won't match last year's 2nd place. I would also put Mounds View in there, possibly replacing LASA.
I don't think you should put Harriton first, but you can't take them out of the running just because they got second at Regionals by five points, considering that last year was also the only time they have won Regionals in the last ~6 years.
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

C is going to be fascinating to watch this year. I don't have a lot of knowledge to their situations (given my distance) but I feel like both Harriton and Solon suffered some big losses with graduating seniors (or, in the latter case, retiring coaches). Mounds View did as well, from what I can tell (or at the very least they lost Luo, who did no small part in fueling their run to 7th). FM hasn't been as strong recently, and LASA hasn't exactly been a powerhouse (they didn't even make nats last year). Ward had the worst luck of the bunch, they won't be there. What does this mean? It's all up in the air. This might be the year that- pardon my DCI terminology*- a Carolina Crown-type finally makes a run to the top.

If I was still in high school, I'd totally say, "Watch out for Olathe North! They'll make waves this year" but unfortunately we don't have an infinite amount of time in high school to get better at the national level, and the core of our team graduated. (To any ON people reading this- make it to nats again and make me regret not saying the above)

*DCI (Drum Corps International) metaphor explained: In DCI, there are certain corps (such as, say, the Blue Devils) that win almost every year. The Blue Devils would represent Solon in this metaphor. Meanwhile, Carolina Crown is a corps that formed recently, had never won, but just managed to sneak into first and win a championship last season.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
Astroknight

Post by Astroknight »

ckssv07 wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:I'm not sure you can put Harriton first in the nation when they didn't get first at regionals. They appear to have lost a bit from graduation and probably won't match last year's 2nd place. I would also put Mounds View in there, possibly replacing LASA.
I don't think you should put Harriton first, but you can't take them out of the running just because they got second at Regionals by five points, considering that last year was also the only time they have won Regionals in the last ~6 years.
Alright guys, I'll try again.

1. Centerville
2. Troy (CA)
3. Solon
4. Seven Lakes
5. Grand Haven
6. Mounds View
7. Harriton
8. Adlai E. Stevenson
9. West Windsor-Plainsboro South
10. Fayetteville-Manlius

2015 events:
MMeteorite1
State: OH

Post by MMeteorite1 »

Not even sure if Centerville makes it out of Ohio. With that being said, where does Munster, Indiana fit into the discussion?
Astroknight wrote:
ckssv07 wrote:
Alright guys, I'll try again.

1. Centerville
2. Troy (CA)
3. Solon
4. Seven Lakes
5. Grand Haven
6. Mounds View
7. Harriton
8. Adlai E. Stevenson
9. West Windsor-Plainsboro South
10. Fayetteville-Manlius
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by iwonder »

Having seen both Seven Lake's and LASA's performances this year, I'd definitely put Seven Lakes higher in that list (they've absolutely dominated Texas. like... they had a score of like 25 or something close in regionals, and they did pretty well at Wright State ;) ) However I'm not sure about LASA, they did fall last year, and while they've done better this year, I think it's a 50-50 on nationals for them and even then I'm not convinced they'd be top 10.

Now to oblige Z, if MY school get's to nationals for the first time in 5 years, we're going to win the whole thing :P (no. not really....)
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown

Return to “2014 Nationals”