Unofficial Rankings C

Crazy Puny Man
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings C

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

Astroknight wrote:Probably as well as Troy High School (Michigan) did last year. A state' s performance is more predictable than a team's.
I don't think they're going to come in 28th...
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

Crazy Puny Man wrote:
Astroknight wrote:Probably as well as Troy High School (Michigan) did last year. A state' s performance is more predictable than a team's.
I don't think they're going to come in 28th...
Agreed, MI was far more competitive this year compared to last year. A possible top 20 finisher, though? Idk if they'll get top 10 their first year...but it's hard to say considering how close it was in MI and especially between GH and Northville.

I believe right now the list of top 20 finishers are at (in no particular order):
Solon, Centerville, Grand Haven, Northville (?), Troy, FM, Columbia?, Stevenson, New Trier, WWPS, Mira Loma, Seven Lakes, possibly other TX team?, Harriton, possibly other PA team?, Camas, Mounds View, Munster.

Then we have other teams on top of that from other past competitive states like (for the rest of the top 20 and outside of it really):
GA (Brookwood again), WI (idk much about Wisconsin SO tbh...), CO (Fossil Ridge beat Poudre, so that'll be interesting), MD (also a new school?), NC (again, Raleigh Charter and Enloe...they tend to do alright iirc?), and who knows what other underdogs there are!

So if I got that down right, I think we have more than enough proof how competitive this is gonna get...for those who couldn't tell I shall await next week where I can better get down to making predictions ;).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
MHSscioly_1
Division: C
State: OH

Post by MHSscioly_1 »

DivineBbbbbeast wrote:
AJTheGreat1729 wrote:Poor Bbbeast. You lost a half cent. :cry:

But, Centerville lost to Solon High by only 5 points! 73-78. This means I still think they will beat Solon at nats.
Yeah, I had faith in Mentor too :\. And in comparison, Solon had a team score of 52 points at states last year. That just shows how much harder the competition was this year. However, I'd still put my whole cent on either Troy or Seven Lakes winning. Don't think Ohio can continue it's streak.
I'm sure both Solon and Centerville will represent Ohio well in Orlando. I will add in that this year's States was just weird, for lack of a better word. Teams that normally never place received several awards, Solon and Centerville did not get their typically consistent top 3 placings in most events, and Mentor just failed to live up to their previous invitational results, especially after their 2nd place finish at West Liberty Salem. Memorial also came in 4th, slipping back 2 spots after their 2nd place, Nationals-qualifying spot last year. The usual powerhouses were not quite as strong this year and several lesser known schools slipped briefly into the spotlight for several events.

All this aside, I wish the best of luck to Solon and Centerville for both divisions at Nationals. Represent Ohio well! Good luck to every other team competing too. And I will assure you, Mentor will be back next year more ready than ever to get back to Nationals. The last time we went was in 2009 and everyone wants to make 2015 the year we return.
2014/2015 Events:
-Compound Machines, Green Generation, GeoLogic Mapping, and Mission Possible
AJTheGreat1729
State: IL

Post by AJTheGreat1729 »

MHSscioly_1 wrote:
DivineBbbbbeast wrote:
AJTheGreat1729 wrote:Poor Bbbeast. You lost a half cent. :cry:

But, Centerville lost to Solon High by only 5 points! 73-78. This means I still think they will beat Solon at nats.
Yeah, I had faith in Mentor too :\. And in comparison, Solon had a team score of 52 points at states last year. That just shows how much harder the competition was this year. However, I'd still put my whole cent on either Troy or Seven Lakes winning. Don't think Ohio can continue it's streak.
I'm sure both Solon and Centerville will represent Ohio well in Orlando. I will add in that this year's States was just weird, for lack of a better word. Teams that normally never place received several awards, Solon and Centerville did not get their typically consistent top 3 placings in most events, and Mentor just failed to live up to their previous invitational results, especially after their 2nd place finish at West Liberty Salem. Memorial also came in 4th, slipping back 2 spots after their 2nd place, Nationals-qualifying spot last year. The usual powerhouses were not quite as strong this year and several lesser known schools slipped briefly into the spotlight for several events.

All this aside, I wish the best of luck to Solon and Centerville for both divisions at Nationals. Represent Ohio well! Good luck to every other team competing too. And I will assure you, Mentor will be back next year more ready than ever to get back to Nationals. The last time we went was in 2009 and everyone wants to make 2015 the year we return.
Good luck to you!
Unfortunately I doubt I will be competing in SO next year but I still hope to stay on the forums.
2014 R/S/N
Entomology 2/3/x
Road Scholar 2/3/x
Experimental 5/8/x
Team 1/2/x

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[witty comment][/witty comment]
AJTheGreat1729

Post by AJTheGreat1729 »

Are the visiting teams i.e. Japan scored with the US teams? How have they done in the past?
2014 R/S/N
Entomology 2/3/x
Road Scholar 2/3/x
Experimental 5/8/x
Team 1/2/x

chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

AJTheGreat1729 wrote:Are the visiting teams i.e. Japan scored with the US teams? How have they done in the past?
No. But we do announce where they would have ranked had they been scored with everyone.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Ooooh really? I don't remember that part. How have they done in past years?
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
ckssv07
State: PA

Post by ckssv07 »

chalker wrote:
AJTheGreat1729 wrote:Are the visiting teams i.e. Japan scored with the US teams? How have they done in the past?
No. But we do announce where they would have ranked had they been scored with everyone.
When did this occur because I really did not remember this happening.
Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

ckssv07 wrote:
chalker wrote:
When did this occur because I really did not remember this happening.
Yeah, me neither. I'm pretty sure they weren't on the score sheet either
AJTheGreat1729

Post by AJTheGreat1729 »

There is a team from Ise competing this year.
That's all I know.
Thanks chalker!
2014 R/S/N
Entomology 2/3/x
Road Scholar 2/3/x
Experimental 5/8/x
Team 1/2/x

Return to “2014 Nationals”