Did you make it to Nationals this year?

AJTheGreat1729
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Did you make it to Nationals this year?

Post by AJTheGreat1729 »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:I direct your attention to the University of Central Florida 2014 Wiki for a list of when the remaining state competitions are.
Thanks much!
2014 R/S/N
Entomology 2/3/x
Road Scholar 2/3/x
Experimental 5/8/x
Team 1/2/x

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[witty comment][/witty comment]
scienceswimmer4
Division: B
State: CO

Post by scienceswimmer4 »

I am! We had states yesterday and we made it! So excited :D
research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.
---
2013 { heredity/food science/widi } *regionals, states*
2014 { heredity/heli/widi } *regionals, states, nationals*
2015 { gliders/bio-process lab/green gen/pic this }
---
nationals results ~ 12th in heredity, 18th in widi
seasalt_
State: IA

Post by seasalt_ »

hc1220 wrote:
HeavyHitter406 wrote:
hc1220 wrote:Congrats to the people on SAA for pulling through as underdogs! Good luck in nats! I'll also be going from Missouri's 1st place team.
Are you from Ladue? Because they went to our Grayslake invitational in Illinois, and I heard that they were the best team from Missouri.
Yes I'm from Ladue, and pembroke hill is really close to us maybe even better
Do you remember Mt. Vernon middle school from Iowa? They were my teams biggest rivals that we lost to 1 point by (grrrrr) Apparently they attended your state competition.
hc1220
State: MO

Post by hc1220 »

seasalt_ wrote:
hc1220 wrote:
HeavyHitter406 wrote: Are you from Ladue? Because they went to our Grayslake invitational in Illinois, and I heard that they were the best team from Missouri.
Yes I'm from Ladue, and pembroke hill is really close to us maybe even better
Do you remember Mt. Vernon middle school from Iowa? They were my teams biggest rivals that we lost to 1 point by (grrrrr) Apparently they attended your state competition.
Losing by one point sucks; our ladue high school team made nationals by 2 points this year XD if mt. Vernon did come to our state competition, they didn't place in any events...
2014: Ladue Middle- 8th at nats!
nomynameisnotkevin

Post by nomynameisnotkevin »

Anyone want to trade some tests to prep for nationals, feel free to message me.
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Kevin, I suggest checking the test exchange (as I mentioned on IRC). The test exchange is the largest database of tests you'll find anywhere. If you don't think there are enough, then that means you might consider making your own practice test. It will help you learn the event to a greater degree than simply taking tests and you'll be able to help plenty of people grow and learn more science.

Science isn't about hoarding information and keeping it to yourself. Science is all about sharing information so progress can be made. Does that make sense?
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
HeavyHitter406

Post by HeavyHitter406 »

zyzzyva980 wrote:Kevin, I suggest checking the test exchange (as I mentioned on IRC). The test exchange is the largest database of tests you'll find anywhere. If you don't think there are enough, then that means you might consider making your own practice test. It will help you learn the event to a greater degree than simply taking tests and you'll be able to help plenty of people grow and learn more science.

Science isn't about hoarding information and keeping it to yourself. Science is all about sharing information so progress can be made. Does that make sense?
Hey, thanks for that note about sharing information, as I feel like that is a big point about SO that people are missing. Sure, competing and winning medals is fun, but this is really about learning and having fun. After all, the world is going to need our generation's scientists in the future to deal with global issues, so hogging information doesn't help anyone. The more information out there that there is, the better, and it really doesn't matter in the long run if you boost a team's score by giving them some information beforehand. In the long run, there is really no way it can harm you, so why not do it? Plus, it feels good to know that you are helping someone else learn and grow more knowledgeable, and that's always nice.
2014 (Wright State/Lisle/Grayslake/Regionals/State/Nationals)

Water Quality: 8/1/2/1/2/3
Experimental Design: 12/1/5/5/8/37
Road Scholar: 12/2/2/3/3/11
Wheeled Vehicle: 32/6/6/2/11/5
AJTheGreat1729

Post by AJTheGreat1729 »

HeavyHitter406 wrote:
zyzzyva980 wrote:Kevin, I suggest checking the test exchange (as I mentioned on IRC). The test exchange is the largest database of tests you'll find anywhere. If you don't think there are enough, then that means you might consider making your own practice test. It will help you learn the event to a greater degree than simply taking tests and you'll be able to help plenty of people grow and learn more science.

Hey, thanks for that note about sharing information, as I feel like that is a big point about SO that people are missing. Sure, competing and winning medals is fun, but this is really about learning and having fun. After all, the world is going to need our generation's scientists in the future to deal with global issues, so hogging information doesn't help anyone. The more information out there that there is, the better, and it really doesn't matter in the long run if you boost a team's score by giving them some information beforehand. In the long run, there is really no way it can harm you, so why not do it? Plus, it feels good to know that you are helping someone else learn and grow more knowledgeable, and that's always nice.
These two know what's up. In fact, some people have been suggesting joint practices at our school. Then again, I often think of SciOly as one huge joint practice for every event - whether you are in it or not.
2014 R/S/N
Entomology 2/3/x
Road Scholar 2/3/x
Experimental 5/8/x
Team 1/2/x

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[witty comment][/witty comment]
VikP
State: PA

Post by VikP »

Yep, I am from Springhouse Middle School in Pennsylvania and this our first year at nationals! We are very excited!
2014 Regionals:Shock Value-1st,Experimental Design-1st, Crime Buster-1st, Rotor EggDrop-2nd, Heredity-3rd
2014 States: Shock Value-3rd, Experimental Design-3rd
2015 Regionals: CTW-1st, AirTraj-4th, SolarSys-1st
2015 States: CTW-2nd, AirTraj-2nd, WIDI-3rd, SolarSys-6th
2015 Nats: CTW-9th, AirTraj-2nd
VikP
State: PA

Post by VikP »

Good Luck to everyone!
2014 Regionals:Shock Value-1st,Experimental Design-1st, Crime Buster-1st, Rotor EggDrop-2nd, Heredity-3rd
2014 States: Shock Value-3rd, Experimental Design-3rd
2015 Regionals: CTW-1st, AirTraj-4th, SolarSys-1st
2015 States: CTW-2nd, AirTraj-2nd, WIDI-3rd, SolarSys-6th
2015 Nats: CTW-9th, AirTraj-2nd

Return to “2014 Nationals”