Swap Meet!

lukas
Member
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 am
Division: C
State: PA
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet!

Postby lukas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:52 am

Hey guys,

I was at the swap meeting attempting to trade an AP stat prep book. Took me a while, but I did it.
I was wondering if anyone here knows who has it/where it is? I'm interesting in seeing how far it's gotten.

thanks!

A Person
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:34 pm
Division: Grad
State: KY
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet!

Postby A Person » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:31 pm

lukas wrote:Hey guys,

I was at the swap meeting attempting to trade an AP stat prep book. Took me a while, but I did it.
I was wondering if anyone here knows who has it/where it is? I'm interesting in seeing how far it's gotten.

thanks!

Actually, I think I heard it mentioned in my school. I'm not sure if they were saying that someone is trading an AP stat prep book, or if they actually got it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

User avatar
ChocolateLove
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 am
Division: C
State: PA
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet!

Postby ChocolateLove » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:14 pm

awesome90220 wrote:I think we should start a competition to see who got the best deal in the swap meet. Of course, no one will beat the guy I saw trade a rubix cube for a cheese hat..........



I managed to get a cheese hat simply by asking and a moose hat starting from one piece of confetti from the open awards. I was shocked that I managed to get that.
Alumni of 2016 Harriton Team

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3387
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet!

Postby Unome » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:13 pm

ChocolateLove wrote:
awesome90220 wrote:I think we should start a competition to see who got the best deal in the swap meet. Of course, no one will beat the guy I saw trade a rubix cube for a cheese hat..........



I managed to get a cheese hat simply by asking and a moose hat starting from one piece of confetti from the open awards. I was shocked that I managed to get that.

Beaten already.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

A Person
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:34 pm
Division: Grad
State: KY
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet!

Postby A Person » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Unome wrote:
ChocolateLove wrote:
awesome90220 wrote:I think we should start a competition to see who got the best deal in the swap meet. Of course, no one will beat the guy I saw trade a rubix cube for a cheese hat..........



I managed to get a cheese hat simply by asking and a moose hat starting from one piece of confetti from the open awards. I was shocked that I managed to get that.

Beaten already.

Both of those are really cool to see. Confetti was still falling from the rafters at awards, so why trade for it?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

User avatar
ChocolateLove
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 am
Division: C
State: PA
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet!

Postby ChocolateLove » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:08 am

A Person wrote: Both of those are really cool to see. Confetti was still falling from the rafters at awards, so why trade for it?


Allow me to explain why for my side. But I have no idea why people would trade for it.

So the story behind the cheese hat: My coach told me I had to start with a broken pen and end the night with a cheese hat. Prior to the swap meet, I walk over to a girl and then walk away with a cheese hat.

Moose Hat: My coach after being shocked I already got a Cheese hat, he told me, "You have to start with the bare minimums and nothing more. Tonight you walk away with a moose hat" Proceeds to pick up a piece of confetti and set me on my way. I traded that one piece of confetti for a toy whistle. 8-)
Alumni of 2016 Harriton Team


Return to “2014 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest