Swap Meet!

hc1220
Division: B
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Swap Meet!

Post by hc1220 »

Our school is able to have all 5 freshmen be in the parade every year. If you ask them, I'm sure they'll say yes
2014: Ladue Middle- 8th at nats!
Toms_42
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by Toms_42 »

yeah, we decided to make 5 outfits and will take all of our freshmen up and hope they let us. too bad we can't throw things this year... We through out Heinz ketchup packets into the crowd last year.
hc1220

Post by hc1220 »

Well hopefully we can have 5 freshmen (I'm a freshman this year!) I'm going to be our school mascot haha. Wait we're not allowed to throw things?
Toms_42

Post by Toms_42 »

hc1220 wrote:Well hopefully we can have 5 freshmen (I'm a freshman this year!) I'm going to be our school mascot haha. Wait we're not allowed to throw things?
not that I know of. I think we got in trouble for it last year, as the "packets" were actually the little plastic sauce buckets with the peel-off lids and sharp corners. IIRC they made a rule about it now. Anyways, I decided not to dress up as our mascot, as we are the shadyside Indians (as in Native Americans, not India) and people tend to get fussy about that kind of thing.

Our SO team has a running SSA Indians joke, as this was one of our concept t-shirt designs:
hc1220

Post by hc1220 »

Toms_42 wrote:
hc1220 wrote:Well hopefully we can have 5 freshmen (I'm a freshman this year!) I'm going to be our school mascot haha. Wait we're not allowed to throw things?
not that I know of. I think we got in trouble for it last year, as the "packets" were actually the little plastic sauce buckets with the peel-off lids and sharp corners. IIRC they made a rule about it now. Anyways, I decided not to dress up as our mascot, as we are the shadyside Indians (as in Native Americans, not India) and people tend to get fussy about that kind of thing.

Our SO team has a running SSA Indians joke, as this was one of our concept t-shirt designs:
That shirt is genius! Well our mascot won't be offensive: it's just a ram :) (it's gonna smell in there though)
scio444
Division: C
State: NY

Post by scio444 »

As many people may know, earlier this year, the Ward Melville Science Olympiad team was disqualified from the NY State tournament over a mix up in paper work. To commemorate the members of that team (who ended their season unexpectedly early) and to remind everyone that SciO is not about paperwork or points... it is about a passion for science -the Gelinas JHS team (which feeds into WM) will be giving out free wrist bands that say "Ward Melville Science Olympiad- a Passion for Science." Each member will have an abundance of these- and if you are interested please make sure to stop one of us! We will not be swapping these, we will just be giving them out.
A Person
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by A Person »

scio444 wrote:the Gelinas JHS team (which feeds into WM) will be giving out free wrist bands that say "Ward Melville Science Olympiad- a Passion for Science." Each member will have an abundance of these- and if you are interested please make sure to stop one of us! We will not be swapping these, we will just be giving them out.
That's very interesting. It was very sad that they didn't get a fair chance to compete. I would have been devastated had that occurred to my school. Hopefully all goes well next year and everyone has fun.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Soren1129
State: TX

Post by Soren1129 »

Hey everyone,
My team qualified a few days ago from Texas, is there anything you guys think you'd be interested in getting from Texas? (It's only our second year going to nats and we didn't really bring much of anything last year...)
VikP

Post by VikP »

Hello, I am from Pennsylvania and I also don't know what to bring to the Swap Meet. This is our first year at nationals so I have no idea what kind of things people bring. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
2014 Regionals:Shock Value-1st,Experimental Design-1st, Crime Buster-1st, Rotor EggDrop-2nd, Heredity-3rd
2014 States: Shock Value-3rd, Experimental Design-3rd
2015 Regionals: CTW-1st, AirTraj-4th, SolarSys-1st
2015 States: CTW-2nd, AirTraj-2nd, WIDI-3rd, SolarSys-6th
2015 Nats: CTW-9th, AirTraj-2nd
A Person
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by A Person »

VikP wrote:Hello, I am from Pennsylvania and I also don't know what to bring to the Swap Meet. This is our first year at nationals so I have no idea what kind of things people bring. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Probably the first, most notable thing would be license plates. I suggest those from your state, but it's not like anyone would know if they weren't. Things that people have that trade well are hats, I suppose. Other items that I enjoy are just random small trinkets from people's states and usable items like flashlights and such. People also have state based stuff like key chains or their school and stuff.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Return to “2014 Nationals”