lukas
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Swap Meet!

Post by lukas »

Hey guys,

I was at the swap meeting attempting to trade an AP stat prep book. Took me a while, but I did it.
I was wondering if anyone here knows who has it/where it is? I'm interesting in seeing how far it's gotten.

thanks!
A Person
Division: Grad
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by A Person »

lukas wrote:Hey guys,

I was at the swap meeting attempting to trade an AP stat prep book. Took me a while, but I did it.
I was wondering if anyone here knows who has it/where it is? I'm interesting in seeing how far it's gotten.

thanks!
Actually, I think I heard it mentioned in my school. I'm not sure if they were saying that someone is trading an AP stat prep book, or if they actually got it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
ChocolateLove

Post by ChocolateLove »

awesome90220 wrote:I think we should start a competition to see who got the best deal in the swap meet. Of course, no one will beat the guy I saw trade a rubix cube for a cheese hat..........

I managed to get a cheese hat simply by asking and a moose hat starting from one piece of confetti from the open awards. I was shocked that I managed to get that.
Alumni of 2016 Harriton Team
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

ChocolateLove wrote:
awesome90220 wrote:I think we should start a competition to see who got the best deal in the swap meet. Of course, no one will beat the guy I saw trade a rubix cube for a cheese hat..........

I managed to get a cheese hat simply by asking and a moose hat starting from one piece of confetti from the open awards. I was shocked that I managed to get that.
Beaten already.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
A Person
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by A Person »

Unome wrote:
ChocolateLove wrote:

Beaten already.
Both of those are really cool to see. Confetti was still falling from the rafters at awards, so why trade for it?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
ChocolateLove

Post by ChocolateLove »

A Person wrote: Both of those are really cool to see. Confetti was still falling from the rafters at awards, so why trade for it?
Allow me to explain why for my side. But I have no idea why people would trade for it.

So the story behind the cheese hat: My coach told me I had to start with a broken pen and end the night with a cheese hat. Prior to the swap meet, I walk over to a girl and then walk away with a cheese hat.

Moose Hat: My coach after being shocked I already got a Cheese hat, he told me, "You have to start with the bare minimums and nothing more. Tonight you walk away with a moose hat" Proceeds to pick up a piece of confetti and set me on my way. I traded that one piece of confetti for a toy whistle. 8-)
Alumni of 2016 Harriton Team

Return to “2014 Nationals”