Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: IA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ultimate Frisbee Exploratory Interest Thread

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Since I won't be at nationals, I won't be able to run the Ultimate tournament like I did last year (though I would gladly do so if my team- or any team- were to offer me a free trip to Orlando with them). My old team did ask if it was still happening, and as it seemed relatively popular last year and a good way to get to know people from other teams, here's a thread for you guys to say if you're interested in participating in a small Ultimate Frisbee tournament the Friday before the competition.

If someone wants to step up and organize it, that would be great, but I'm not going to call out any team that won last year or anything and has the 97-cent disc I bought to be a traveling trophy... WW-P South...
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
pinkyfinger
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Ultimate Frisbee Exploratory Interest Thread

Post by pinkyfinger »

Penncrest played in this last year, and I think we'll play again provided the logistics work out.
Shoelaces
State: MI

Post by Shoelaces »

I'm not stepping up here (yet!) but how reliable is the forums in serving as a method of communication for all the teams attending nationals this year? I'd imagine there are a fair number of teams who don't frequently check the forums, and having more than one ultimate frisbee tourney would probably be a little hectic.

(But i did tell the rest of my team about the possible existence of this, as a small handful of us are fans of Ultimate and this year will be our national debut :)! )
chinesesushi
State: CA

Post by chinesesushi »

Wait, when did you find the time to hold this? Lunch? XD
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.
Toms_42
State: PA

Post by Toms_42 »

most likely before the opening ceremonies or after events are finished.
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Some answers:
chinesesushi wrote:Wait, when did you find the time to hold this? Lunch? XD
Usually Friday afternoon
Shoelaces wrote:I'm not stepping up here (yet!) but how reliable is the forums in serving as a method of communication for all the teams attending nationals this year? I'd imagine there are a fair number of teams who don't frequently check the forums, and having more than one ultimate frisbee tourney would probably be a little hectic.

(But i did tell the rest of my team about the possible existence of this, as a small handful of us are fans of Ultimate and this year will be our national debut :)! )
We usually organize the tournament through these forums. I haven't heard word of any other group (like NSO) running it, so I doubt that there would be more than this one.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

Boca Raton Community HS is volunteering to head this thing up. Ultimate has become the official Friday afternoon Science Olympiad event here, so we might as well extend the invite to everyone! As the host state, this is the least we can do! Tentative time will be early Friday afternoon. Location will be the fields outside of the UCF arena (where the opening ceremony will be). If you have a team that is interested, shoot me a PM just so we can get an idea of participants.
InfiniCuber
State: IN

Post by InfiniCuber »

JonB wrote:Boca Raton Community HS is volunteering to head this thing up. Ultimate has become the official Friday afternoon Science Olympiad event here, so we might as well extend the invite to everyone! As the host state, this is the least we can do! Tentative time will be early Friday afternoon. Location will be the fields outside of the UCF arena (where the opening ceremony will be). If you have a team that is interested, shoot me a PM just so we can get an idea of participants.
Just curious, how many people have PMed you or are interested so far?
Scioly isn't a club, or an organization. It is a lifestyle.
~Munster High School Science Olympiad Captain 2016~
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

InfiniCuber wrote:
JonB wrote:Boca Raton Community HS is volunteering to head this thing up. Ultimate has become the official Friday afternoon Science Olympiad event here, so we might as well extend the invite to everyone! As the host state, this is the least we can do! Tentative time will be early Friday afternoon. Location will be the fields outside of the UCF arena (where the opening ceremony will be). If you have a team that is interested, shoot me a PM just so we can get an idea of participants.
Just curious, how many people have PMed you or are interested so far?
One team... We expect a good amount of individuals showing up (just not whole teams). We are going to say 2:00 in the fields outside of the UCF arena. Hope to see you all there.
InfiniCuber
State: IN

Post by InfiniCuber »

Im at UCF and the main fields seem to be closed, but I would really like to have this tournament, so does anyone else know where this could be held?
Scioly isn't a club, or an organization. It is a lifestyle.
~Munster High School Science Olympiad Captain 2016~

Return to “2014 Nationals”