Compute This

yousmellchinese123
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This

Post by yousmellchinese123 »

eh 15th place in compute wasn't so bad taking into account we messed up 40 minutes and did what we could in 10 minutes :3
2010 Events: Elevated Bridge, Mission Possible, Ornithology, Astronomy, Experimental Design
2011 Events: Mission Possible, Astronomy, Experimental Design, Tech Trek
2012 Events: Robot Arm, Astronomy, Experimental Design, Tech Trek, Thermodynamics
sr243
State: WI

Post by sr243 »

Honestly i think 19th sucks especially since though it doesn't seem that good, but 85 points out of 100 doesn't seem that bad. I'm asking because i'm thinking of sending in an appeal. If i gotten 15th or better, our team would come in 3rd place. I'm pretty sure that 18 teams of 40 would get that much better because they used 2007 which quite a number of people weren't used to. I actually did the graph correctly and got 3 and a half questions correct with the correct URL.
fli754
Division: B
State: NY

Post by fli754 »

sr243 wrote:Honestly i think 19th sucks especially since though it doesn't seem that good, but 85 points out of 100 doesn't seem that bad. I'm asking because i'm thinking of sending in an appeal. If i gotten 15th or better, our team would come in 3rd place. I'm pretty sure that 18 teams of 40 would get that much better because they used 2007 which quite a number of people weren't used to. I actually did the graph correctly and got 3 and a half questions correct with the correct URL.
85 out of 100 isn't bad at all, but it depends how hard your event was. If all the information was only a few searches away, then I would bet that many people got near perfect scores. Plus, if you got 85/100 and other teams did too, it depends on the graphical appeal, which is the tiebreaker.
sihT etupmoC
State: OH

Post by sihT etupmoC »

sr243 wrote:Honestly i think 19th sucks especially since though it doesn't seem that good, but 85 points out of 100 doesn't seem that bad. I'm asking because i'm thinking of sending in an appeal. If i gotten 15th or better, our team would come in 3rd place. I'm pretty sure that 18 teams of 40 would get that much better because they used 2007 which quite a number of people weren't used to. I actually did the graph correctly and got 3 and a half questions correct with the correct URL.
If you weren't expecting Excel 2007, who knows what you could have been expecting :p
At state, they wanna trick you and make you mess us by doing something like that. Plus it's a university so they need to modernize :roll:
At nationals you could probably expect some kinda operating system no one heard of with Excel 2010 :lol:
2009 States: 1 Compute This, 5 Trajectory
2010 States: 3 Compute This, 6 Meteorology
2011 Regionals: 1 Write It/Do It, 4 Compute This, 5 Meteorology, 3 Team
robotman
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by robotman »

i got second and my site didnt help me at all :( :(
Edit the Wiki.
Upload to the Image Gallery
[medals]Get Medals[/medals]
[chat][/chat]
fli754

Post by fli754 »

robotman09 wrote:i got second and my site didnt help me at all :( :(
:? Depends i guess, if you like to type more or if you to click more.
ChrisYim
State: IL

Post by ChrisYim »

We got 3rd at state... :)
[it was all thanks to my 6th grader friend who's good at computers(a.k.a. my S.O.partner for compute this)]
fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

we got third
our test was on earthquakes and we had a specific link on our site with a ton of Earthquke stuff so our site helped a lot
sihT etupmoC
State: OH

Post by sihT etupmoC »

fmtiger124 wrote:
we got third
our test was on earthquakes and we had a specific link on our site with a ton of Earthquke stuff so our site helped a lot
Exactly the same here. Test over earthquakes and I loaded my website with earthquake stuff :p
I got first hehe :lol:
2009 States: 1 Compute This, 5 Trajectory
2010 States: 3 Compute This, 6 Meteorology
2011 Regionals: 1 Write It/Do It, 4 Compute This, 5 Meteorology, 3 Team
fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

sihT etupmoC wrote:
fmtiger124 wrote:
we got third
Exactly the same here. Test over earthquakes and I loaded my website with earthquake stuff :p
I got first hehe :lol:
yea I think we also benefited from the fact that almost all of our practice tests were on Earthquakes
Our coach was convinced we would get a test on them at states or regionals I guess she was right

Return to “2009 Lab Events”