Crimebusters?

genes_girl
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Crimebusters?

Post by genes_girl »

OK, I am sort of wiki-illiterate. How would I upload a document I wrote to the wiki? It isn't a link because it isn't online so I have no idea. Thanks! Oh, I don't know about putting it on the wright center website, I don't know exactly how to go about doing that.

And dude, for grading of the essay (because it isn't on there) what I did was 2 points for correctly saying who did it, 8 points for telling me all the evidence that links him to the crime (so basically saying all the evidence that was his), and 3 points for tying to the evidence to the story/alibi/etc. I also gave 3 points for saying who didn't do it and 9 points for 3 pieces of evidence per person that they had and why it didn't incriminate them. I was pretty lax on the last bit, if they said the evidence I gave them a point generally, I was mainly looking for them to say that it wasn't unusual for the evidence to be located on the scene.

I think I was fairly lenient but the scores weren't that great on that part so...? I tried.
Indiana University 2012
-- Bio and Spanish Majors

University of Chicago
-- PhD track Molecular Biosciences: Human Genetics
dudeincolorado
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CO

Post by dudeincolorado »

ok that was really close to what i did, the points were a little different but the things i was looking for were the same :D
SO stressed!
haven chuck
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by haven chuck »

I don't know what to do but maybe you should PM starpug, since he probably knows what to do
2010 Can't Judge a Powder- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2010 Science Crimebusters- 3rd in the NATION
genes_girl

Post by genes_girl »

I've come to the conclusion that, due to my lack of time now that classes have started again, pm me your email if you want the test and I shall just email it to you. When I have more time I will dive further into trying to figure out how to put it up, but until then this should work fine (hopefully).
Indiana University 2012
-- Bio and Spanish Majors

University of Chicago
-- PhD track Molecular Biosciences: Human Genetics
coltron57
Division: B

Post by coltron57 »

first year in sci olympiad need tips on sci crimebusters any thing will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :?
coltron57

Post by coltron57 »

plz need help bad on the stuff re: chromatography
:? :roll:
paradoxgirl

Post by paradoxgirl »

chrom is super easy. do you know how to do it? just take one of the sample pens or markers that they give you in the competition and draw a line across a strip chrom paper one inch from the bottom. attach the paper to a pencil, and stick the pencil across a beaker of water, so that the strip of paper is in the water, but that the marker line isn't touching the water. you can see the ink spreading and separating into some really pretty colors. the point is that all inks are made of different colors, so each sample that you test comes out spread into different colors of size bands. leave the test in the water until the ink spreads to be as long as the sample of the x variable marker that they give you, and then take the tests out and compare them to the x variable marker to figure out which test is the same marker as the x one!!!!!!! yay!!!! the long post is over!!!!!
Harriton High School Science Olympiad
haven chuck
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by haven chuck »

The Science Crime Busters Wiki has tons of great info, so check there. If anythings unclear, then post here.
2010 Can't Judge a Powder- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2010 Science Crimebusters- 3rd in the NATION
paradoxgirl

Post by paradoxgirl »

the science crime busters wiki doesn't cover identification of hair or fibers. thats not my forte, so i didn't add to it. if anyone had any info on those, please add it to the wiki!!!!
Harriton High School Science Olympiad
alltimelow1

Post by alltimelow1 »

i'm in 4 events, and crime busters is probably my 2nd favorite event, but this is my 1st year doing this event. :?:

Return to “2009 Lab Events”