Disease Detectives

zorbak5044
Division: B

Re: Disease Detectives

Postby zorbak5044 » March 6th, 2009, 8:10 am

medmyst is a good study game
i dunno what to write. oh i know! wait never mind. hmm. ive got it! i shall meh a lot. no that doesnt seem like much fun hmm oh ive got it. if youve read this ive just wasted about 16 seconds of your life

9enigma6
Division: C
State: MI

Postby 9enigma6 » March 6th, 2009, 2:24 pm

true flavorflav, i do hope that is more of a study of epidemology at states, which it should be...the test we took at regionals reminded me too much of english class :|

herewegoagain365

Re: disease detective

Postby herewegoagain365 » March 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm

Well, nationals are usually ridiculously long, so I agree with you on that.
But for regionals and states at least, there's usually plenty of time, so my partner and I generally work together on the test.
Just my opinion.

herewegoagain365

Postby herewegoagain365 » March 6th, 2009, 6:34 pm

Yeah, our regionals was pretty much made up of easy questions on really basic knowledge. A few questions about analyzing diagrams and making an epicurve and such, but that was it.

Medmyst is pretty good for memorizing diseases and pathogens and such, but not so much for classical epidemiology.

pjgscioisamazing
Division: Grad
State: NY

Postby pjgscioisamazing » March 6th, 2009, 6:52 pm

Well, nationals are usually ridiculously long, so I agree with you on that.
But for regionals and states at least, there's usually plenty of time, so my partner and I generally work together on the test.
Just my opinion.
See the reason Me and my partner like to split it up is that, since we trust each other with taking on a part of the test alone, we can then finish fairly quickly and then still have time to check over (well at least for regionals and states)
2007-2012. Paul J Gelinas Jr High and Ward Melville High School

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building

herewegoagain365

Postby herewegoagain365 » March 7th, 2009, 7:35 am

That's cool. Haha yeah usually my partner and I are both OCD about letting the other person do it alone, so we work together.

pjgscioisamazing

Postby pjgscioisamazing » March 7th, 2009, 9:11 am

That's cool. Haha yeah usually my partner and I are both OCD about letting the other person do it alone, so we work together.
:lol: Well we feel ok working alone with it, but then if there's a question I don't know I kinda flip out and then ask my partner

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building

soroco120

Postby soroco120 » March 9th, 2009, 3:18 pm

Would anybody be interested in joining my Disease Detectives Study Group....i have prepared a bunch of excercises and tests to practice on, and if some other people were interested, we could help each other out by making tests, and learn a lot in the process.

pjgscioisamazing

Postby pjgscioisamazing » March 9th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Would anybody be interested in joining my Disease Detectives Study Group....i have prepared a bunch of excercises and tests to practice on, and if some other people were interested, we could help each other out by making tests, and learn a lot in the process.
I would love to get some of those study resources :lol: But Disease isn't my best event, definitely not my best event, and I don't know how good I would be at making practice stuff. I could try though.

doctor
State: PA

Postby doctor » March 9th, 2009, 4:53 pm

does anyone know the formula for cumulative incidence and cumulative incidence ratio???
Z
. Z
Z
( ) ( )
( - . - )
c(")uu(") MADA MADA DANE
2013 Events: Anatomy, Designer Genes, Chem Lab
doctor's Userpage

Return to “2009 Lab Events”