General Lab Event Question

sh_scienceolympiadenator
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

General Lab Event Question

Post by sh_scienceolympiadenator »

Many of the event rules (ex. Forensics, Environmental Chem) say that "Each student may bring one 8.5x11 shett of paper with handwritten notes on both sides."
In the past we could only bring in one sheet of paper per team. Have the rules changed (can two sheets be brought), or are the rules the same and just unclear? Any help would be appreciated, as we have an invitational soon and would bring two sheets if we could. Thanks! :D :D
smartkid222
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY

Re: General Lab Event Question

Post by smartkid222 »

you know, i never really noticed that. On the enviro rules they say "each student". On dynamic planet it says "each team". That's werid. idk the answer though. I would put all the info on one just in case if it's an inviational.
Image 2008 NY BLG Champ
2010 NY Helicopter Champ
genes_girl
Division: Grad

Post by genes_girl »

I would imagine if it says each student than each student can bring one (so two sheets). If it were each team, than only one.

But who knows, they could just be being unclear. :?
Indiana University 2012
-- Bio and Spanish Majors

University of Chicago
-- PhD track Molecular Biosciences: Human Genetics
dickyjones
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dickyjones »

I took it as two sheets were allowed (for enviro and forensics) and one (for DP), but you might want to do a rule clarification. Really the extra sheet won't help that much in either of those events anyways...
VHSSO Veteran!
Events: Ecology, Herpetology, Cell Bio, Entomology, Sounds of Music, Circuit Lab, Chem Lab, Disease Detective, Dynamic Planet, Five Star, EggONaut, Enviro Chemistry, Fermi, Quantum Quandaries!
Nationals: Wichita: Ecology-4, Entomology-5, Team-11; DC: Sounds-1, Team-11
dudeincolorado
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CO

Post by dudeincolorado »

A rules clarification seems to be needed here, but if invitationals happen before they get back to you I would bring two sheets one with stuff you need and another with stuff thats nice to have and just ask the supervisor what THEY want you to do. Even if the rule clarification does go in your favor I would still do the one page of needed things and one page of things that are nice to have. So basically send a clarification, but prepare for anything.
SO stressed!
Uncle Fester
State: IN

Post by Uncle Fester »

Once again, CO Dude saves your butts by providing a common-sense solution that works with any event sup outcome, instead of GUESSING or making wishes.

Yeah, I'm cranky tonight. [shakes cane at you whippersnappers] Comes with old age.
Uncle Fester, Maker & Fiction Science Writer

The Misadventures of the Electric Detention
The Revenge of the Electric Detention
The Curse of the Electric Detention
>> Three full-length adventures, 26 short stories and counting!

Return to “2009 Lab Events”