Environmental Chem

chill
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Environmental Chem

Post by chill »

ya... but on the science olympiad website.... there is a llist of the projected events for 2009-2010..... and it says on there... SCB (envi. chem. topic)... so i think it will be an event... plus the fact that they just started the event last year.... and usually they continue an event for 2-3 yrs... and then replace it with another event for a couple yrs... and then they bring it back again... i hope that they have this event next year... i really enjoyed it...
karatekid44
State: PA

Post by karatekid44 »

Yeah Environmental Chemistry was fun it was my 2nd best event!
My Brother USCGA-2012
I'm On A Boat
The Bloodhound Gang
Don't put the stick there! Thats what she said!
Ah Science Olympiad give perfect opportunities for thats what she said jokes.
gyourkoshaven
Division: C

Post by gyourkoshaven »

It was my worst event, but I somehow managed 2 medals (easy tests).
chill wrote:ya... but on the science olympiad website.... there is a llist of the projected events for 2009-2010..... and it says on there... SCB (envi. chem. topic)... so i think it will be an event... plus the fact that they just started the event last year.... and usually they continue an event for 2-3 yrs... and then replace it with another event for a couple yrs... and then they bring it back again... i hope that they have this event next year... i really enjoyed it...
Did you skip over what I said? If you look at the NEWEST EDITION of the projected events list they have dropped the enviro chem topic. I recognize that enviro chem thing being the topic, as I saw the previous list myself. But the new list doesn't include it. It is:
http://soinc.org/sites/default/files/up ... t6-8-2.pdf It was updated 2 weeks ago, while the one you were thinking of was published in April.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...
karatekid44

Post by karatekid44 »

well he is technically right this is the updated chart and thus it is more accurate but we will have to wait until the rules come out for the official verdict.
My Brother USCGA-2012
I'm On A Boat
The Bloodhound Gang
gyourkoshaven

Post by gyourkoshaven »

Well yes, of course ( :roll: ). I'm just going with this because I don't think they'll put out another update before the publication of the manual. I just really hope they keep this out, because I would be forced to do it again. And in response to the earlier thing about 1 year only, I thought that it would be 3 years with the topic rotation of soil, air and water, as food science went 3 years. But there are events like mystery architecture that stayed for 1 year. It didn't surprise me when it wasn't on the tentative list, as I really think this was a fairly unpopular and overall too general event (there are exceptions obviously), so it looks like it's getting replaced.
Strath Haven MS:

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...
karatekid44

Post by karatekid44 »

I think it is getting replaced so they can expand on the rules they were to vague. You learned all they had in the rules but on the test it was completely different, so it was to random also. So they probably took it out to build on the topic and expand the rules. Make them more clear basically.
My Brother USCGA-2012
I'm On A Boat
The Bloodhound Gang
gyourkoshaven

Post by gyourkoshaven »

That was what I meant when I said over-generalization. The rules were extremely un-specific and they somehow managed to make the tests more random. Does anyone know if CEC was listed in the rules? I had questions about it on the regionals test (thankfully I didn't have to calculate it), but had never heard of it.
Strath Haven MS:

Moving to C...
karatekid44

Post by karatekid44 »

I didn't never heard of that either but i did have a question about compost.
My Brother USCGA-2012
I'm On A Boat
The Bloodhound Gang
chill

Post by chill »

karatekid44 wrote:I think it is getting replaced so they can expand on the rules they were to vague. You learned all they had in the rules but on the test it was completely different, so it was to random also. So they probably took it out to build on the topic and expand the rules. Make them more clear basically.
i think it depended where you took the tests cuz i took three enviro. chem. tests and all of them were on topic.. oh and also... sorry about the whole.. is this going to be an event next year thing.... i just checked the website and they took out the e. chem. thing from SCB...
karatekid44

Post by karatekid44 »

yeah we all know that now.
My Brother USCGA-2012
I'm On A Boat
The Bloodhound Gang

Return to “2009 Lab Events”