Forensics C

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Forensics C

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
samlan16
State: GA

Re: Forensics C

Post by samlan16 »

Opinions on the binder? I'm surprised they upgraded us from a sheet, but it will probably make Forensics a ton harder. :|
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
JonB
Coach
Coach
Division: C
State: FL

Post by JonB »

samlan16 wrote:Opinions on the binder? I'm surprised they upgraded us from a sheet, but it will probably make Forensics a ton harder. :|

Depends on the test. If it is a short test, then a binder could be a huge help. On a long test, it will hold you back. Look at the history of the event at your specific competition to see what would be best, but never depend on the binder- it should be a reference of last resort.
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by iwonder »

Last year when we had two sheets of paper me and my partner actually struggled to fill them up. I'm honestly not sure what you'd do with a binder. I mean, we didn't have certain information that we should have (mostly the trivia style questions), but we had the space for it if we had accounted for the random stuff before the contest. Personally, I would just bring a sheet or two, maybe three, with everything nicely organized. I think a binder is just going to slow you down, even it's well organized (also, space constraints).
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

I was also really surprised when I saw the change to a binder because I did Forensics when only one sheet was allowed, and I managed to fit everything I needed on that one sheet (with small font :lol: but still...one sheet). The only thing I can think of right now that might require more than a sheet of notes is probably mass spec...I'm sure there are other things too, but that's all I can think of now...
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
jdjmoon
Been thanked: 0

Post by jdjmoon »

Does anyone have good site for Mass Spectroscopy? I had one, but now it is unavailable, so I cannot get any good informations on it.
computergeek3
State: PA

Post by computergeek3 »

jdjmoon wrote:Does anyone have good site for Mass Spectroscopy? I had one, but now it is unavailable, so I cannot get any good informations on it.
http://ochem.jsd.claremont.edu/

You might have to dig around on here a little bit, but Mass Spec is there and explained pretty well.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough. -Albert Einstein

Bayard Rustin Science Olympiad 2010-2014
Pittsburgh Allderdice Assistant Coach
byi

Post by byi »

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A FORENSICS ASSIGNMENT?
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

byi wrote:CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A FORENSICS ASSIGNMENT?
If you want help, you will have to be more specific and perhaps also post the questions you need help with.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
elizagabito

Post by elizagabito »

I need help... I don't know anything that deals with chemistry so I basically don't know anything about this event... Any suggestions on what to study first? Like what are good sites & techniques on studying.

Return to “2015 Lab Events”