Picture This B

sciolyboy123
Division: B
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by sciolyboy123 »

cpweber wrote: I wish. We missed it by 50 points, which sounds like a lot, but it's the closest we've gotten in a while. Good luck to everyone who is! Can't wait to hear what the words are like there
Awww, that's sad. You can hopefully make it next year. By the way, what ways do you and your partners study for this event? My partners and I got 1st at regionals with just 9 words but it was out of 17, not 25. At state, I think we got 7 or 8 but the system was messed up, only the person on the left of you could guess your drawing, and everyone the guesser didn't know, the other person not guessing knew. Oh well, we ended up getting 4th.

So what do you guys do in practice?
2014-15 Season
(Hooch,Dodgen, Regionals, State, Nats)
Bio-Process Lab(3rd,5th,-,3rd,14th ;) )
Disease Detectives (1st,5th,1st,1st,10th 8-) )
Crave The Wave (2nd,-,-,-,-)
Experimental Design (-,1st, 4th,-,-)
Picture This (4th,6th, 1st, 4th,48th :oops: )
Simple Machines (1st,n/a, 1st, n/a)
cpweber
Been thanked: 0

Post by cpweber »

sciolyboy123 wrote:
cpweber wrote: I wish. We missed it by 50 points, which sounds like a lot, but it's the closest we've gotten in a while. Good luck to everyone who is! Can't wait to hear what the words are like there
Awww, that's sad. You can hopefully make it next year. By the way, what ways do you and your partners study for this event? My partners and I got 1st at regionals with just 9 words but it was out of 17, not 25. At state, I think we got 7 or 8 but the system was messed up, only the person on the left of you could guess your drawing, and everyone the guesser didn't know, the other person not guessing knew. Oh well, we ended up getting 4th.

We kind of went all out. A great resource is the one found under Picture This Resources on the wiki page for this event- 1197 words! The three of us split up the words, made a "dictionary" with little icons for each, and then shared the images with each other on Flashcards+. A couple of times each week, we'd run practice rounds (the site even gives you words and times you, it's actually fantastic). This helped us memorize images for a large selection of words, and gave us the base knowledge needed to improvise in the event. We were kind of obsessed with practicing for this one, I guess it paid off :lol:
Regionals- 1st- 44
States- 3rd- 168 :(
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo
sciolyboy123
State: AL

Post by sciolyboy123 »

Ok, thanks!
2014-15 Season
(Hooch,Dodgen, Regionals, State, Nats)
Bio-Process Lab(3rd,5th,-,3rd,14th ;) )
Disease Detectives (1st,5th,1st,1st,10th 8-) )
Crave The Wave (2nd,-,-,-,-)
Experimental Design (-,1st, 4th,-,-)
Picture This (4th,6th, 1st, 4th,48th :oops: )
Simple Machines (1st,n/a, 1st, n/a)
aditi
State: PA

Post by aditi »

cpweber wrote:
sciolyboy123 wrote:

We kind of went all out. A great resource is the one found under Picture This Resources on the wiki page for this event- 1197 words! The three of us split up the words, made a "dictionary" with little icons for each, and then shared the images with each other on Flashcards+. A couple of times each week, we'd run practice rounds (the site even gives you words and times you, it's actually fantastic). This helped us memorize images for a large selection of words, and gave us the base knowledge needed to improvise in the event. We were kind of obsessed with practicing for this one, I guess it paid off :lol:
Which resource is this! :lol: :o
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
cpweber

Post by cpweber »

http://ophir.li/scioly/sora/wjhs/2010/p ... mpaign=wpt

Major shoutout to whoever made that website, you're my favorite person ever.
Regionals- 1st- 44
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo
aditi

Post by aditi »

cpweber wrote:http://ophir.li/scioly/sora/wjhs/2010/p ... mpaign=wpt

Wow thank you! How did you guys do?
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
cpweber

Post by cpweber »

[aditi] wrote:
cpweber wrote:http://ophir.li/scioly/sora/wjhs/2010/p ... mpaign=wpt

Wow thank you! How did you guys do?
We messed up, missed some words we knew how to draw, etc. and only got an 18, but that still got us first in New York by a few words. How have you been doing at competitions?
Regionals- 1st- 44
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo
aditi

Post by aditi »

Pretty well...We got first at PA state so...Just getting extra prepared for nats!
What team are you again?

cpweber

Post by cpweber »

[aditi] wrote:Pretty well...We got first at PA state so...Just getting extra prepared for nats!
What team are you again?
Nice! We're CP Weber (as you could probably guess from the username, this was supposed to be a team account but I'm the only one who actually uses it). We're pretty much one of those NY teams that always comes pretty close to nationals but never actually makes it, so it would make sense if you had never heard of us before :lol: What team are you on?
Regionals- 1st- 44
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo
aditi

Post by aditi »

Well congratulations! Maybe next year will be your lucky year! :D I'm from Springhouse, in PA. So is that 11 hundred something website your main study source?

Return to “2015 Lab Events”