Picture This B

hscmom
Coach
Coach
Posts: 242
Joined: March 3rd, 2010, 8:41 pm
Division: Grad
State: CO
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by hscmom » April 8th, 2015, 7:04 am

One thing our PT team did was to look at the rules, identify what could be interpreted in different ways and then come up with a list of questions to ask the supervisor. They split them up, memorized them, and before competing asked their questions. It's also good to make sure that you are practicing in ways that you can conform to the supervisor's interpretation. So, if your supervisor says no bodily clues like nodding your head, that's fine because you've practiced that way. If your supervisor says it's OK to nod your head, then that's good too because you've practiced that way and will nod away!

So, perhaps go over the rules and list what you want to ask the supervisor.
Homeschool Science Colorado since August 2008

SpamMer101
Member
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: April 20th, 2015, 6:35 pm
Division: B
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by SpamMer101 » April 20th, 2015, 7:15 pm

X's are fine, the proctor at Moscioly said it was fine.
Front signs are fine, and so are smiley faces.
TO be sure, just ask the proctor privately
Good Luck!!
SciOly History: 2016 R/S/N
Bio-Process Lab: 1/1/2
Crime Busters: 1/(bad)/19 :?
Ex-Design: 1/1/5
Fossils: 1/1/13

cpweber
Member
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: April 6th, 2015, 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by cpweber » April 20th, 2015, 7:52 pm

SpamMer101 wrote:X's are fine, the proctor at Moscioly said it was fine.
Front signs are fine, and so are smiley faces.
TO be sure, just ask the proctor privately
Good Luck!!
Thanks for the help! A bit late (our states were last weekend) but it's the thought that counts. For those preparing for future competitions, everything we asked about was legal at NY States (the supervisor was really nice and lenient). Which is good, because we got first :) (even though we only got 18 and it was one of our lower scores) Good luck everyone!
Regionals- 1st- 44
States- 3rd- 168 :(
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo

sciolyboy123
Member
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: April 17th, 2015, 8:40 am
Division: B
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by sciolyboy123 » April 20th, 2015, 8:36 pm

cpweber wrote:
SpamMer101 wrote:X's are fine, the proctor at Moscioly said it was fine.
Front signs are fine, and so are smiley faces.
TO be sure, just ask the proctor privately
Good Luck!!
Thanks for the help! A bit late (our states were last weekend) but it's the thought that counts. For those preparing for future competitions, everything we asked about was legal at NY States (the supervisor was really nice and lenient). Which is good, because we got first :) (even though we only got 18 and it was one of our lower scores) Good luck everyone!
Are you going to Nationals?
2014-15 Season
(Hooch,Dodgen, Regionals, State, Nats)
Bio-Process Lab(3rd,5th,-,3rd,14th ;) )
Disease Detectives (1st,5th,1st,1st,10th 8-) )
Crave The Wave (2nd,-,-,-,-)
Experimental Design (-,1st, 4th,-,-)
Picture This (4th,6th, 1st, 4th,48th :oops: )
Simple Machines (1st,n/a, 1st, n/a)

cpweber
Member
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: April 6th, 2015, 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by cpweber » April 22nd, 2015, 7:12 pm

sciolyboy123 wrote:
cpweber wrote:
SpamMer101 wrote:X's are fine, the proctor at Moscioly said it was fine.
Front signs are fine, and so are smiley faces.
TO be sure, just ask the proctor privately
Good Luck!!
Thanks for the help! A bit late (our states were last weekend) but it's the thought that counts. For those preparing for future competitions, everything we asked about was legal at NY States (the supervisor was really nice and lenient). Which is good, because we got first :) (even though we only got 18 and it was one of our lower scores) Good luck everyone!
Are you going to Nationals?
I wish. We missed it by 50 points, which sounds like a lot, but it's the closest we've gotten in a while. Good luck to everyone who is! Can't wait to hear what the words are like there
Regionals- 1st- 44
States- 3rd- 168 :(
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo

sciolyboy123
Member
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: April 17th, 2015, 8:40 am
Division: B
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by sciolyboy123 » April 22nd, 2015, 7:17 pm

cpweber wrote: I wish. We missed it by 50 points, which sounds like a lot, but it's the closest we've gotten in a while. Good luck to everyone who is! Can't wait to hear what the words are like there
Awww, that's sad. You can hopefully make it next year. By the way, what ways do you and your partners study for this event? My partners and I got 1st at regionals with just 9 words but it was out of 17, not 25. At state, I think we got 7 or 8 but the system was messed up, only the person on the left of you could guess your drawing, and everyone the guesser didn't know, the other person not guessing knew. Oh well, we ended up getting 4th.

So what do you guys do in practice?
2014-15 Season
(Hooch,Dodgen, Regionals, State, Nats)
Bio-Process Lab(3rd,5th,-,3rd,14th ;) )
Disease Detectives (1st,5th,1st,1st,10th 8-) )
Crave The Wave (2nd,-,-,-,-)
Experimental Design (-,1st, 4th,-,-)
Picture This (4th,6th, 1st, 4th,48th :oops: )
Simple Machines (1st,n/a, 1st, n/a)

cpweber
Member
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: April 6th, 2015, 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by cpweber » April 24th, 2015, 5:58 am

sciolyboy123 wrote:
cpweber wrote: I wish. We missed it by 50 points, which sounds like a lot, but it's the closest we've gotten in a while. Good luck to everyone who is! Can't wait to hear what the words are like there
Awww, that's sad. You can hopefully make it next year. By the way, what ways do you and your partners study for this event? My partners and I got 1st at regionals with just 9 words but it was out of 17, not 25. At state, I think we got 7 or 8 but the system was messed up, only the person on the left of you could guess your drawing, and everyone the guesser didn't know, the other person not guessing knew. Oh well, we ended up getting 4th.

So what do you guys do in practice?
We kind of went all out. A great resource is the one found under Picture This Resources on the wiki page for this event- 1197 words! The three of us split up the words, made a "dictionary" with little icons for each, and then shared the images with each other on Flashcards+. A couple of times each week, we'd run practice rounds (the site even gives you words and times you, it's actually fantastic). This helped us memorize images for a large selection of words, and gave us the base knowledge needed to improvise in the event. We were kind of obsessed with practicing for this one, I guess it paid off :lol:
Regionals- 1st- 44
States- 3rd- 168 :(
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo

sciolyboy123
Member
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: April 17th, 2015, 8:40 am
Division: B
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by sciolyboy123 » April 24th, 2015, 8:49 am

Ok, thanks!
2014-15 Season
(Hooch,Dodgen, Regionals, State, Nats)
Bio-Process Lab(3rd,5th,-,3rd,14th ;) )
Disease Detectives (1st,5th,1st,1st,10th 8-) )
Crave The Wave (2nd,-,-,-,-)
Experimental Design (-,1st, 4th,-,-)
Picture This (4th,6th, 1st, 4th,48th :oops: )
Simple Machines (1st,n/a, 1st, n/a)

User avatar
aditi
Member
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 4:48 pm
Division: B
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by aditi » April 27th, 2015, 5:45 pm

cpweber wrote:
sciolyboy123 wrote:
cpweber wrote: I wish. We missed it by 50 points, which sounds like a lot, but it's the closest we've gotten in a while. Good luck to everyone who is! Can't wait to hear what the words are like there
Awww, that's sad. You can hopefully make it next year. By the way, what ways do you and your partners study for this event? My partners and I got 1st at regionals with just 9 words but it was out of 17, not 25. At state, I think we got 7 or 8 but the system was messed up, only the person on the left of you could guess your drawing, and everyone the guesser didn't know, the other person not guessing knew. Oh well, we ended up getting 4th.

So what do you guys do in practice?
We kind of went all out. A great resource is the one found under Picture This Resources on the wiki page for this event- 1197 words! The three of us split up the words, made a "dictionary" with little icons for each, and then shared the images with each other on Flashcards+. A couple of times each week, we'd run practice rounds (the site even gives you words and times you, it's actually fantastic). This helped us memorize images for a large selection of words, and gave us the base knowledge needed to improvise in the event. We were kind of obsessed with practicing for this one, I guess it paid off :lol:
Which resource is this! :lol: :o
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Image

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]

cpweber
Member
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: April 6th, 2015, 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture This B

Post by cpweber » April 27th, 2015, 7:39 pm

http://ophir.li/scioly/sora/wjhs/2010/p ... mpaign=wpt

Major shoutout to whoever made that website, you're my favorite person ever.
Regionals- 1st- 44
States- 3rd- 168 :(
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo

Locked

Return to “2015 Lab Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest