Anatomy & Physiology B/C

N1njA_DuDepic
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by N1njA_DuDepic » October 12th, 2014, 4:26 pm

hmath729 wrote:Welcome to 2015! So, does anybody know the new systems? I might sound a little ignorant, but...
Integumentary, cardiovascular, and immune
"I used to love the candy Nerds, but I stopped eating them when I realized that for me, it was basically cannibalism." -Rob O'Reilly

N1njA_DuDepic

Post by N1njA_DuDepic » October 12th, 2014, 4:30 pm

bernard wrote:
Copernicus wrote:Does anyone have any good book or website resources to study for this event? I am not looking for notes, I want reading material. Thanks.
I use a textbook called Anatomy and Physiology by Elaine Marieb; I recommend getting a similar textbook (by any author - there is no substantial difference among textbooks written by other different authors). Many textbooks are very expensive, so ask teachers, visit the library, or buy used books. If you aren't graduating this year, your textbook will be useful in the future, since it probably covers all body systems.

Many textbooks also have supplemental materials online. Here's a link to one. I recommend using it with a textbook as a way of testing your understanding.
I have a great book that is easy to understand and everything that our coach gave us, but it doesn't have a title or author :o
"I used to love the candy Nerds, but I stopped eating them when I realized that for me, it was basically cannibalism." -Rob O'Reilly

N1njA_DuDepic

Post by N1njA_DuDepic » October 12th, 2014, 5:16 pm

This is a funny video about the spleen (its a parody of what does the fox say) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEi_4Cyx4Uw

GoofyFoofer

Post by GoofyFoofer » November 2nd, 2014, 3:30 pm

N1njA_DuDepic wrote:This is a funny video about the spleen (its a parody of what does the fox say) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEi_4Cyx4Uw
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you for sharing this. :)
Smith Middle School
Dayton, OH

Cyanotic
Division: C
State: OK

Post by Cyanotic » November 12th, 2014, 10:25 am

Do you guys recommend any great books to study with?
"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." –Napoleon Hill
2014 Events- Anatomy, Experimental Design, Heredity, Simple Machines

bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard » November 12th, 2014, 10:48 am

Cyanotic wrote:Do you guys recommend any great books to study with?
bernard wrote:
Copernicus wrote:Does anyone have any good book or website resources to study for this event? I am not looking for notes, I want reading material. Thanks.
I use a textbook called Anatomy and Physiology by Elaine Marieb; I recommend getting a similar textbook (by any author - there is no substantial difference among textbooks written by other different authors). Many textbooks are very expensive, so ask teachers, visit the library, or buy used books. If you aren't graduating this year, your textbook will be useful in the future, since it probably covers all body systems.

Many textbooks also have supplemental materials online. Here's a link to one. I recommend using it with a textbook as a way of testing your understanding.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."
Rate my tests!

GoofyFoofer

Post by GoofyFoofer » November 12th, 2014, 4:08 pm

The Memmler's Structure and Function of the Human Body book.
Smith Middle School
Dayton, OH

mej710
Division: C
State: NY

Post by mej710 » November 16th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Does anyone have any good websites about the effects of drugs, alcohol, caffeine, etc. on the cardiovascular system?

mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola » November 16th, 2014, 6:26 pm

bernard wrote:
bernard wrote:
Another tip would be to purchase older, used editions online. Even going one edition down can save you lots of money on expensive books.
mej710 wrote:Does anyone have any good websites about the effects of drugs, alcohol, caffeine, etc. on the cardiovascular system?
Here's some I found from google
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/substances/tox ... sp?sysid=1
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/m ... ar-effects

However I would recommend pulling from a variety of sources found through google searches instead of relying on one or two sources to get a broader perspective on the topic.

glitchmaster77
State: CA

Post by glitchmaster77 » November 20th, 2014, 7:27 pm

hmath729 wrote:Welcome to 2015! So, does anybody know the new systems? I might sound a little ignorant, but...
i did anatomy last year and so I know some integumentary, but not much

Return to “2015 Study Events”