Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: MA
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

bernard wrote:Update: projected focus for Anatomy & Physiology for both divisions next season is Skeletal, Muscular, Integumentary

Integumentary makes a return for its third year in a row!
How come the A&P topics are confirmed, but not the Astro topics? :evil:
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
sciolylover13
Division: B
State: AL
Been thanked: 0

Post by sciolylover13 »

Unome wrote: Font size 1.5 :) (I never actually had to go below 4.5 though; I did a test and 1.5 is the smallest readable font size for most common fonts).
WOW. Do you have super vision or something?? I can't read anything below 4!! But I have glasses like an inch thick so... that should probably say something about my vision. :ugeek:
2015-2016 events:Chattahoochee/Dodgen/Regionals/State/Nats?
Anatomy and Physiology: 4/////
Green Generation: 6/////
Air Trajectory: NA/////
Crime Busters: 2/////
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

sciolylover13 wrote:
Unome wrote: Font size 1.5 :) (I never actually had to go below 4.5 though; I did a test and 1.5 is the smallest readable font size for most common fonts).
WOW. Do you have super vision or something?? I can't read anything below 4!! But I have glasses like an inch thick so... that should probably say something about my vision. :ugeek:
Certainly not; my glasses are about 3/8 inch. 1.5 is pushing it, though; 2 is a lot better.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
sciolylover13
Division: B
State: AL

Post by sciolylover13 »

Unome wrote:
sciolylover13 wrote:
Certainly not; my glasses are about 3/8 inch. 1.5 is pushing it, though; 2 is a lot better.
Ok (goes to word to try to read size 2 font). (I was kidding about my glasses being an inch thick, they are probably like 1/4 of an inch.) :D
2015-2016 events:Chattahoochee/Dodgen/Regionals/State/Nats?
Anatomy and Physiology: 4/////
Green Generation: 6/////
Air Trajectory: NA/////
Crime Busters: 2/////
Unome

Post by Unome »

sciolylover13 wrote:
Unome wrote:
sciolylover13 wrote: WOW. Do you have super vision or something?? I can't read anything below 4!! But I have glasses like an inch thick so... that should probably say something about my vision. :ugeek:
Ok (goes to word to try to read size 2 font). (I was kidding about my glasses being an inch thick, they are probably like 1/4 of an inch.) :D
It's only readable when it's printed out.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
watermydoing14
Division: C
State: WA

Post by watermydoing14 »

Unome wrote: It's only readable when it's printed out.
Does printer quality affect it as well? Also, I'm curious how you judge whether or not words on a diagram or picture will be readable once printed out
2013~Designer Genes~Disease Detectives~Forensics~Remote Sensing
2014~Anatomy~Experimental Design~Mission Possible
2015~Anatomy~Cell Biology~Experimental Design~Mission Possible
2016~Air Trajectory~Anatomy~Cell Biology~Experimental Design~Protein Modeling~Robot Arm~Wright Stuff
Interlake High School
GO SAINTS!
Unome

Post by Unome »

watermydoing14 wrote:
Does printer quality affect it as well? Also, I'm curious how you judge whether or not words on a diagram or picture will be readable once printed out
Guess and check :P
Userpage

bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

watermydoing14 wrote:
Laser printers can print well defined letters/diagrams. Even when an ink printer can print readable characters, it's easier on my eyes when my study guide is printed with a laser printer.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
sciolyFTW_aku
Division: C
State: MO

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that the three systems are skeletal, muscular, and integumentary? Because if that is true, I am so done :(

Also, how do you guys manage with a 1.5 font?!!! Mine was 3.5 and I still had some trouble with reading the stuff :geek:
B-)
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

sciolyFTW_aku wrote:Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that the three systems are skeletal, muscular, and integumentary? Because if that is true, I am so done :(
The focus is tentative until final rules are distributed in September, but that is the focus posted the national website, here.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “2015 Study Events”