Entomology B/C

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Entomology B/C

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
humanbeingofearth548
Division: C
Been thanked: 0

Re: Entomology B/C

Post by humanbeingofearth548 »

So, to get this started, any hints of what to come, or what to look out for?
2014 Events: Wheeled Vehicle
2015 Events: Entomology, Experimental Design, Fossils, Picture This
2016 Events: Experimental Design, Fossils, Picture This, Scrambler
dragons790
State: CA

Post by dragons790 »

Beeeeettttllles, as usual. I'm hoping they'll update the list to the current taxonomies, but that'll mean switching books so they probably won't. :)
Tony116
State: MN

Post by Tony116 »

Does anyone know when the 2015 insect list will be released? They already released the new fossils list so I assumed that they would have to release the insect list soon.
humanbeingofearth548

Post by humanbeingofearth548 »

I'm hoping that it would come out in a few weeks..but you never knoe.. *fingers crossed*
2014 Events: Wheeled Vehicle
2015 Events: Entomology, Experimental Design, Fossils, Picture This
2016 Events: Experimental Design, Fossils, Picture This, Scrambler
NoL617
Division: B

Post by NoL617 »

humanbeingofearth548 wrote:So, to get this started, any hints of what to come, or what to look out for?
On soinc.org under B or C events, go to the Entomology link. There is a list of all of the insects that you will need to know for the upcoming competitions.
Events :
ENTOMOLOGY
WRITE IT DO IT
PICTURE THIS
BRIDGES
dragons790

Post by dragons790 »

NoL617 wrote:
humanbeingofearth548 wrote:So, to get this started, any hints of what to come, or what to look out for?
On soinc.org under B or C events, go to the Entomology link. There is a list of all of the insects that you will need to know for the upcoming competitions.
That's the 2014 list. ^-^
caseyotis
State: NY

Post by caseyotis »

dragons790 wrote:
NoL617 wrote:
That's the 2014 list. ^-^
Chances are it won't change that much. Learning those bugs can't do any harm while we wait for the official list.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
c-shell617
Division: B

Post by c-shell617 »

Hey! I am going to try out for entomology this year as well! So a tip that I have used is to find a reliable partner, someone who you know and can trust to do their own work. divide up the insect list that is on this website, so you will each get 15 orders and 50 families. Do your best to associate the pictures of the insects with the names, and make sure your team leader has an insect field guide for you. If not, you can probably find them on Amazon. Hope this helps! :D
h2ogirl
State: IL

Post by h2ogirl »

c-shell617 wrote:Hey! I am going to try out for entomology this year as well! So a tip that I have used is to find a reliable partner, someone who you know and can trust to do their own work. divide up the insect list that is on this website, so you will each get 15 orders and 50 families. Do your best to associate the pictures of the insects with the names, and make sure your team leader has an insect field guide for you. If not, you can probably find them on Amazon. Hope this helps! :D
Last year my partner and I memorized everything individually. We learned orders first and used quizlet to make flashcards. It helps to match the common name to the scientific so you don't have to struggle with remembering the complicated spelling. I made up cheesy puns for almost every one which helped me a lot.

Return to “2015 Study Events”