Solar System B

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Solar System B

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
TheDukeofFlibFlubana
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by TheDukeofFlibFlubana »

First! :p

On a more nonspammy note, I only had a chance to skim the rules and I'm wondering what makes this different from last years'.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

TheDukeofFlibFlubana wrote:First! :p

On a more nonspammy note, I only had a chance to skim the rules and I'm wondering what makes this different from last years'.
The rules have not changed from last year (as far as I can remember)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Panda Weasley
Division: C

Post by Panda Weasley »

Quick question.
I know in other study events partners sometimes divide topics between the two of them to focus on. This is helpful so that you individually don't have to learn every little detail about everything on the list. Do you guys think that is a good idea for Solar System?
DFTBA!
Events 2019: Forensics and Fossils
Proud member of Teh Ento Cult.
:ugeek:
Unome

Post by Unome »

Panda Weasley wrote:Quick question.
I know in other study events partners sometimes divide topics between the two of them to focus on. This is helpful so that you individually don't have to learn every little detail about everything on the list. Do you guys think that is a good idea for Solar System?
It will probably work, but I've noticed that Solar System tends to have longer tests than other events, so if you're pressed for time, it can be difficult for you to have to work on stuff independently of each other if you've split the material.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Panda Weasley

Post by Panda Weasley »

Unome wrote:
It will probably work, but I've noticed that Solar System tends to have longer tests than other events, so if you're pressed for time, it can be difficult for you to have to work on stuff independently of each other if you've split the material.
Good point. It could make it easier to finish the test in time though if that's the case if you are allowed to split the pages apart.....
DFTBA!
slytherin
Division: B
State: KS

Post by slytherin »

I wouldn't recommend that because for most of the competitions I have been to it has usually been on a PowerPoint so its better to both know the material so not only 1 person knows the answer to a question. Also, Solar System is a super easy event and easily can have most things memorized. The most important part would probably be to know where everything is on your notes so you don't spend time on each slide trying to find where everything is...
State:
Anatomy: 2nd
Meteorology: 2nd
Simple Machines: 2nd
Solar System: 2nd
Notice a pattern :lol:
slytherin
Division: B
State: KS

Post by slytherin »

I LOVE THIS EVENT SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! BEST EVENT EVER!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
State:
Anatomy: 2nd
Meteorology: 2nd
Simple Machines: 2nd
Solar System: 2nd
Notice a pattern :lol:
Panda Weasley

Post by Panda Weasley »

It's me again!
Okay one more question. On the rules it says we need to know about different missions for each of the objects. I have a link to the list that the event leader for my state recommends us to use (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_So ... tem_probes). For certain objects like Europa do you think we need to learn all of the ones for Jupiter, or focus mainly on the ones explicitly for Europa?
DFTBA!
Unome

Post by Unome »

Panda Weasley wrote:It's me again!
Okay one more question. On the rules it says we need to know about different missions for each of the objects. I have a link to the list that the event leader for my state recommends us to use (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_So ... tem_probes). For certain objects like Europa do you think we need to learn all of the ones for Jupiter, or focus mainly on the ones explicitly for Europa?
It depends on the test writer (our test writer for Georgia states is a bit strange), but most likely they will ask about missions related to Europa.
Userpage

Return to “2015 Study Events”