Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

It's About Time C

Post by Jim_R »

[wiki]It's About Time[/wiki]
2009 Thread
2010 Thread

Image Gallery
-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
tanuagg13
Division: C
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's About Time C

Post by tanuagg13 »

Wait this is a pure building event this year? Shouldn't this be in "Lab Events"?
2015 Events (Division C):
NJ States
Mission Possible -- 1st
It's About Time -- 4th
Cell Biology -- 5th
Montgomery Invitationals (NJ)
Cell Biology -- 4th
Mission Possible -- 2nd
It's About Time -- 2nd
Regionals (UCC, NJ)
Cell Biology -- 3rd
Codes and Algorithms -- 9th
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

tanuagg13 wrote:Wait this is a pure building event this year? Shouldn't this be in "Lab Events"?
I'm pretty sure it's not a pure build (I guess in theory it could be since I don't have the actual rules). I do recall MagLev and Sounds being in the build section similarly. Both of course still had tests. I guess the mods (or maybe just robotman) just decided to put it here. It doesn't really matter that much. There's multiple half-build/half-studies, so I guess it's just how you interpret things.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
blakinator8
State: TX

Post by blakinator8 »

I wonder if/when the soinc.org link to the mp3 sounds will be fixed.
Proud member of the Liberal Arts and Science Academy team, 2012-2015
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

blakinator8 wrote:I wonder if/when the soinc.org link to the mp3 sounds will be fixed.

It will definitely be fixed soon.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
actionpotential
Division: C

Post by actionpotential »

For Time Trial #5, the rules say that the time interval will be any of the above (referring to time trials 1-4). Under "Competition," the rules state that: "Teams must not be informed of the selected intervals."

Will we be told of the interval range for Time Trial 5, like 10 to 30 seconds, or do the rules mean that the interval can be anything between 10 seconds and 300 seconds?

Also will the time trials be in the order on the rules, like "Time Trial 1" always be between 10 and 30 seconds, or can event supervisors mix up the order of the time intervals? (Say the first trial was between 30 seconds to 90 seconds)

Thanks
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

actionpotential wrote:For Time Trial #5, the rules say that the time interval will be any of the above (referring to time trials 1-4). Under "Competition," the rules state that: "Teams must not be informed of the selected intervals."

Will we be told of the interval range for Time Trial 5, like 10 to 30 seconds, or do the rules mean that the interval can be anything between 10 seconds and 300 seconds?

Also will the time trials be in the order on the rules, like "Time Trial 1" always be between 10 and 30 seconds, or can event supervisors mix up the order of the time intervals? (Say the first trial was between 30 seconds to 90 seconds)

Thanks
Someone official may respond to this, but in advance I want to tell you that you should submit an official clarification if you want to actually sure (as anything on this site is just discussion, which can be useful, but not be exact clarifications).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
chalker

Post by chalker »

actionpotential wrote:For Time Trial #5, the rules say that the time interval will be any of the above (referring to time trials 1-4). Under "Competition," the rules state that: "Teams must not be informed of the selected intervals."

Thanks
You most likely won't be informed of the interval range for Trial 5. You need to be prepared for anything between 10 and 300 sec.
4.a. explicitly says that the trials must be run in the order listed.

Student Alumni
chalker

Post by chalker »

chalker wrote:
blakinator8 wrote:I wonder if/when the soinc.org link to the mp3 sounds will be fixed.

It will definitely be fixed soon.
FYI, until the link is updated, you can get the MP3 files here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbdk9rpw003uz ... s.zip?dl=0

Student Alumni
blakinator8
State: TX