chinesesushi
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scores B/C

Post by chinesesushi »

[aditi] wrote:Whoa! The guesses are 4000+ for first? :o
How many get places at Nats again?
Probably 3500+ for any medaling... Gosh my team needs to step up!
I personally haven't heard of any scores 4000+, I know that 2 schools that aren't going to nats in socal had scores that were 3400+.
I think 3500+ is enough to guarantee medaling at nationals for division B, 3000+ you'll have a fair shot at getting a medal :P

Highest scores I've heard for division C were from an user on this site reporting ~3300? Also, I've heard of teams getting 2990 and 2700 at various tournaments.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.
Azn
Division: Grad
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Post by Azn »

chinesesushi wrote:
[aditi] wrote:Whoa! The guesses are 4000+ for first? :o
How many get places at Nats again?
Probably 3500+ for any medaling... Gosh my team needs to step up!
I personally haven't heard of any scores 4000+, I know that 2 schools that aren't going to nats in socal had scores that were 3400+.
I think 3500+ is enough to guarantee medaling at nationals for division B, 3000+ you'll have a fair shot at getting a medal :P

Highest scores I've heard for division C were from an user on this site reporting ~3300? Also, I've heard of teams getting 2990 and 2700 at various tournaments.

^this

I think it's very reasonable to predict 3000+ for 1st place C div. I don't see there being more than two or three 3000s though, I'd imagine anyone in the high 2000s has a good shot of medalling, top 10 at the very least. What I usually saw at nats was the top 2 or 3 places having very high scores (always a few teams with superstar builders), but the rest of the medalling places coming in noticeably lower. Of course this varies between years, it'll probably be more difficult to permeate that top 6 for next year.
schist99centz

Post by schist99centz »

First Place in PA Bridges was around 2400. Do you guys think that would that crack top 20 at nats?
chinesesushi
State: CA

Post by chinesesushi »

schist99centz wrote:First Place in PA Bridges was around 2400. Do you guys think that would that crack top 20 at nats?
Top 20 should be possible regardless for division b or c
For division b, probably top 15 as well
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.
Scioly99
Division: B
State: TX

Post by Scioly99 »

for B division, what score would you need to guarantee top 3 at nats?
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Scioly99 wrote:for B division, what score would you need to guarantee top 3 at nats?
Guarantee? Probably 4000+, or at least 3700.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
RontgensWallaby

Post by RontgensWallaby »

Our team is getting probably somewhere close to 3200 as of now; hopefully we can raise it to 3500+ by the time Nationals sneaks around...
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it. - Niels Bohr
aditi
Division: B

Post by aditi »

RontgensWallaby wrote:Our team is getting probably somewhere close to 3200 as of now; hopefully we can raise it to 3500+ by the time Nationals sneaks around...
What team?
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
Unome

Post by Unome »

[aditi] wrote:
RontgensWallaby wrote:Our team is getting probably somewhere close to 3200 as of now; hopefully we can raise it to 3500+ by the time Nationals sneaks around...
What team?
He/She is from Dodgen Middle School.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
sjwon3789
State: VA

Post by sjwon3789 »

What place do you think a score of 2000 will be in division C? It's so ironic, since everyone was amazed at getting above 2000 and it's quite a norm now.
2013 Events: Boomilever, Keep the Heat, WIDI
2014 Events: Boomilever, Geologic Mapping, Mission Possible, Scrambler
2015 Events: Air Trajectory, Bridge Building, Mission Possible

Return to “Bridge Building B/C”