Scores B/C

Azn
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scores B/C

Post by Azn »

First place in boomilever this past year was 2340 (held full 15.0 kg). Also I believe (if my memory serves me) the winner of the B division trial was 3205, also holding full load.
JimY
State: IN

Post by JimY »

With this particular set of rules, I guess that B division bridges can and will get to under 5 grams and will go to full load, and C division bridges can and will get to under 6 grams and will go to full load. So, above 3000 for B and above 2500 for C by the efficiency score. I would not be surprised for state winners to be at or above these scores, so these numbers are not for Nats only.
bearasmith
Division: C
State: MD

Post by bearasmith »

Where can you find pictures and designs of good bridges? I'd like to start out with a good design instead of just starting from scratch. Somehow I see people already getting scores of over 2000. :o

Thanks,
Bearasmith
Medal Count: 52
chinesesushi
State: CA

Post by chinesesushi »

bearasmith wrote:Where can you find pictures and designs of good bridges? I'd like to start out with a good design instead of just starting from scratch. Somehow I see people already getting scores of over 2000. :o

Thanks,
Bearasmith
Check the image gallery as well as the best of pages in the wiki.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.
bearasmith

Post by bearasmith »

retired1 wrote:The length is the distance between the blocks that the bridge will set on, so the overall length will have to be a fair bit larger.
The 5 cm is "at least".
Does that mean that this bridge would be out of bounds? Also the rules said that it had to be 5cm at any hight. Thanks, whoever posted this on the Image Gallery.

Bearasmith
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 2.26.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 2.26.17 PM.png (83.86 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

The questions asked here are better suited for the Designs B/C thread, which has my response to your question.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
bearasmith

Post by bearasmith »

Does anybody know the top scores from last years bridge building?

Thanks,
Bearasmith
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

bearasmith wrote:Does anybody know the top scores from last years bridge building?

Thanks,
Bearasmith
The similar event held last year was Boomilever. Some estimated scores from the National Tournament are around the end of last year's Boomilever forum. Seems like Div. C was: 1st: >2300, 2nd: ~2200, 3rd: ~1600
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
chinesesushi
State: CA

Post by chinesesushi »

bernard wrote:
bearasmith wrote:Does anybody know the top scores from last years bridge building?

Thanks,
Bearasmith
The similar event held last year was Boomilever. Some estimated scores from the National Tournament are around the end of last year's Boomilever forum. Seems like Div. C was: 1st: >2300, 2nd: ~2200, 3rd: ~1600
I don't think he's asking about the Boomilever event, but the Bridge Building event at Nationals for Div. B. Exact scores for boomilever though were 2322, 2178, 1623, with the cutoff for medaling, 1469.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.
dholdgreve
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by dholdgreve »

I think in most B competitions, you'll need a 1500 or higher to medal... I'd guess that in C, it may drop to 1200 due to the extended span, but I have no basis for that... yet
Dan Holdgreve
Northmont Science Olympiad

Dedicated to the Memory of Len Joeris
"For the betterment of Science"

Return to “Bridge Building B/C”