Best Lightweight Adhesive

GeekGirl2019
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Lightweight Adhesive

Post by GeekGirl2019 »

What is the best lightweight adhesive to use for our bridge? We can't figure out what's best.
jander14indoor

Re: Best Lightweight Adhesive

Post by jander14indoor »

Its not really about which adhesive you use, but how you use any adhesive. With proper joints it takes FAR less glue than you think to make solid connections. See: http://soinc.org/sites/default/files/up ... weight.pdf

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
yoyo_ljuc
Been thanked: 0

Post by yoyo_ljuc »

I personally use a CA glue called Zap glue. Specifically Slo-Zap. Slo-Zap is about $6/oz.. Whereas glues such as Gorilla Superglue, cost $11/oz. Not only is it almost half the prize, in my opinion, Slo-Zap works much better. It does not dry too fast (dries in about 15-30 seconds depending on how much you use), and not too slow. It also works very well with filling in gaps, so if one cut of wood is not perfect, that's okay because the glue will fill the gap and still make a strong joint. I've been using Slo-Zap for almost two years now, and have had great success with it with my boomilevers and bridges.
samlan16
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by samlan16 »

If you use a durable super glue, you will hardly need any adhesive at all. We typically used Loctite on Towers and Boomi when I did it (not that it is the best, but it is economical and good enough).
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.

Return to “Bridge Building B/C”