Competitveness of Different States for Different Events

zoproeg
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Competitveness of Different States for Different Events

Post by zoproeg »

I've realized that a lot of the scores posted on this site for certain events are only accurate in the states that they were received. My question is: How competitive is Virginia in Anatomy? Are their tests usually hard compared to others? I want to know since the state test is posted in Test Exchange. How does that state usually compare with Michigan?

Thanks...States are on Saturday... :?
fmtiger124
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Competitveness of Different States for Different Events

Post by fmtiger124 »

I really dont think there is any way to know
Phenylethylamine
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Phenylethylamine »

The problem is, there are very few people who have competed in more than one state, so it's almost impossible to know.

However, if you have a C Division NY State Fossils (or Rocks & MInerals, from a previous year) test, somehow (I don't know how anyone would get that, since I don't think they're released, but maybe they are, I'm not sure), that will be harder than probably all other States-level tests and DEFINITELY harder than a Nationals test (my coach writes the NY event, and he makes it much more difficult than at most other competitions- the kids from my school said the national R & M event last year was really easy).
Protein Modeling Event Supervisor 2015
MA State Science Olympiad Tournament
MIT Invitational Tournament
--
Ward Melville High School Science Olympiad 2010-2012
Paul J Gelinas JHS Science Olympiad 2007-2009
starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: ME

Post by starpug »

Phenylethylamine wrote:The problem is, there are very few people who have competed in more than one state, so it's almost impossible to know.

However, if you have a C Division NY State Fossils (or Rocks & MInerals, from a previous year) test, somehow (I don't know how anyone would get that, since I don't think they're released, but maybe they are, I'm not sure), that will be harder than probably all other States-level tests and DEFINITELY harder than a Nationals test (my coach writes the NY event, and he makes it much more difficult than at most other competitions- the kids from my school said the national R & M event last year was really easy).
Well, the point if the test exchange is to have enough test so that you can take multiple tests from different states. Some are harder than nats, some are easier, it depends on who's running it. I've had gungho professors/parents who are really into the topic and do a pretty hard test. There are also volunteers who have a slight intrest or were just thrown onto the event and thus make up a pretty easy test.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”