Indiana Science Olympiad

Friedoyster3
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana Science Olympiad

Post by Friedoyster3 »

Ok this is going on the 11th year that WWMS is bound to get a first at reginols and place within the top 5 at state. That means YOU TJ you goin' down.
University of Michigan Aerospace Engineering
Munster High School, Indiana
2015 Nationals: Bridge 12th; Air Traj 7th; Scrambler 6th; Geo Maps 5th; Team 6th!
"Science Olympiad is, was, and always will be one of the greatest things that ever happened to me."
dickyjones
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by dickyjones »

That logic is flawed.

But good luck with that anyways! :D

Rockets was canceled for us at invites, but it'll probably have to be extreme snowing/temp conditions for it to get cancelled at an official competition. I know my freshman year it was like rediculously cold outside (like -10F) at regionals and they still did rockets in div B.
VHSSO Veteran!
Events: Ecology, Herpetology, Cell Bio, Entomology, Sounds of Music, Circuit Lab, Chem Lab, Disease Detective, Dynamic Planet, Five Star, EggONaut, Enviro Chemistry, Fermi, Quantum Quandaries!
Nationals: Wichita: Ecology-4, Entomology-5, Team-11; DC: Sounds-1, Team-11
boilerup!

Post by boilerup! »

Yeah I was doing bottle rockets at IUN that year in B division. It was -16 degrees. They had no form of anti-freeze or anything so everyone's rockets kept freezing to the launch pad and loosing a substantial amount of water just trying to get the rocket connected to it with our frostbitten fingers. That is until Griffith was about to go and they brought the launch pad in, put hot water on it and blow dried it, leaving Griffith with a clean launch pad and a first-place medal. Good thing it was only regionals.
VHSSO '09

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."

LIVESTRONG
dickyjones
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dickyjones »

So how are people's regionals going? I read that Riley beat Northridge at invites but haven't heard much other than that.

We have 13 days until regionals still (and more importantly 41 until state!). It looks like our building events are coming together now (or at least beginning to exist in some events). I'm getting excited.

The new state schedule annoys me a little though (hopefully we'll be even like we've been every year before).
VHSSO Veteran!
Events: Ecology, Herpetology, Cell Bio, Entomology, Sounds of Music, Circuit Lab, Chem Lab, Disease Detective, Dynamic Planet, Five Star, EggONaut, Enviro Chemistry, Fermi, Quantum Quandaries!
adam124218

Post by adam124218 »

The state schedule didn't change that much, did it? I don't think the changes really affected our team any. We'll have to adjust a little once we get our number, but overall I don't think the schedule will mess us up a whole lot. It would be nice if we were even, but it isn't going to happen. Bloomington North is always first in alphabetical order. We can handle it--whatever.

Don't remind me that our regionals is only 6 days away--that's horrifying. I think that every year it feels like a shorter time before regionals, even though we've been working since the end of September. It may be because many people are doing some of the same events for the second or third year in a row and it gets more difficult to learn new things.

Whatever happens, this should be an exciting year!
GitItWright

Post by GitItWright »

Indiana has had some regionals already and I am curious to know what the highest flight times in Wright Stuff have been?

Thanks.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistiguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke
dickyjones
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dickyjones »

Yeah, our regionals is in three days and I have a ridiculous amount of stuff to do for some events. It's a pretty busy week.

I think if we're odd, there's something like 6 extra conflicts that are annoying; and I'm not sure of how they'll work out. We've been even like every year before, so we're all expecting irony to decide this year we'll be odd because that's how things always seem to work.
VHSSO Veteran!
adam124218

Post by adam124218 »

Does anyone have results from today's regionals? I would assume they will be posted soon, but I'm anxious to know what happened.
dickyjones
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dickyjones »

IUN:
Div C (not sure where Carmel B was in the results; they seemed to do pretty well):
1. Valpo A
2. Hanover Central
3. Griffith
Wildcard: Chesterton

Div B:
1. TJ
2. BF
3. Griffith
Wildcard: St. Patrick

Purdue Cal
Div C:
1. Munster
2. Valpo B (pretty proud of those guys)
3. Whiting
4. East Central
Wildcard: Lake Central

Div B:
1. Wilbur Wright
2. St. John the Baptist
3. Our Lady of Grace, Highland
4. Scott, Hammond
Wildcard: West Side, East Chicago
VHSSO Veteran!
dickyjones
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dickyjones »

Odd. :|

How'd everyone else do? Anyone finding out what they're going to compete in at state soon?
VHSSO Veteran!

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”