Western Long Island, NY

nimbal
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Western Long Island, NY

Post by nimbal »

bobothesciencezombie wrote:Well on the stand where the turbine is placed instead of placing it on top of the stand we had to place it on a piece of wood in the middle of the stand which totally messed up both of our turbines but it wasn't out fault.
but still.
Oh and if you don't get it i don't blame you it's hard to explain.
If your blade assembly was the correct size and could attach to a standard CD mount, then you should have had no problem. They were letting you adjust the height of your blade on the ring stand. That was the point of the block on the ring stand.
Estimated amount of glucose used by an adult human brain each day, expressed in M&Ms: 250
smartkid222
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY

Post by smartkid222 »

Does anyone remember what color the ribbons were on the medals for 3rd and 4rth place. One is white and one is yellow but i don't know which was is which. Thanks.
Image 2008 NY BLG Champ
2010 NY Helicopter Champ
Glacierguy1
Division: Grad

Post by Glacierguy1 »

White should be third and yellow should be 4th, but I dont know what they actually were.
SAVE OUR GLACIERS.
The Crab
Division: B

Post by The Crab »

The order should be
Blue "Gold"
Red "Silver"
White "Bronze"
Yellow "your guess is as good as mine as to what medal it is supposed to be". 4th and 5th place look like the "bronze"
Green

At least this is what is has been in the past.
smartkid222
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by smartkid222 »

thank you
Image 2008 NY BLG Champ
2010 NY Helicopter Champ
fmtiger124
Division: Grad

Post by fmtiger124 »

nimbal wrote:
bobothesciencezombie wrote:Well on the stand where the turbine is placed instead of placing it on top of the stand we had to place it on a piece of wood in the middle of the stand which totally messed up both of our turbines but it wasn't out fault.
but still.
Oh and if you don't get it i don't blame you it's hard to explain.
If your blade assembly was the correct size and could attach to a standard CD mount, then you should have had no problem. They were letting you adjust the height of your blade on the ring stand. That was the point of the block on the ring stand.
I'm from mid-state but for Physical Science, we had a pice of Plexiglass attached to the stand with hole on top and on the side to attach the turbines. Also we were allowed to adjust it to whatever angle/position we wanted also so I agree I don't see how you could have had a problem a block of wood would work the samy way pretty much

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”