Texas 2009

Sunshine
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Texas 2009

Post by Sunshine »

I am so mad at that stupid pig farmer that forgot to clean up his pigs' poop right now! In my school, who knows how many people are carrying hand sanitizer around now and if you just start coughing or sneezing, people start screaming you have the swine flu. Why's everyone freaking out about it when barely anyone has it?

Now thanks to the flood and the flu, our social studies TAKS just got delayed by about 10 days (has that ever happened before?) and I have a plane ticket for the day right after school ends, and I won't be able to go anywhere if we have to end up making up the missed days.
Hi. I have a messed up sleep cycle. Thank you, scioly.
rocketman1555
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by rocketman1555 »

Sunshine wrote:I am so mad at that stupid pig farmer that forgot to clean up his pigs' poop right now! In my school, who knows how many people are carrying hand sanitizer around now and if you just start coughing or sneezing, people start screaming you have the swine flu. Why's everyone freaking out about it when barely anyone has it?

Now thanks to the flood and the flu, our social studies TAKS just got delayed by about 10 days (has that ever happened before?) and I have a plane ticket for the day right after school ends, and I won't be able to go anywhere if we have to end up making up the missed days.
we have people that are carrying around the breathing masks as a joke, but all of our UIL activities have been canceled until May 11th, at least Scioly state was last weekend, that would have sucked if they had canceled state
I am a practitioner of the art of magic known as science.
Avis_de-Incendia
Division: B

Post by Avis_de-Incendia »

Dang, if they canceled state... :evil:
Hello! :]
andrew418

Post by andrew418 »

It does look like today, the media seems to be backing off the story somewhat. Hopefully it won't impact nationals.
LASA 2009; UC Berkeley 2013
srsvball95

Post by srsvball95 »

Personally, i highly doubt that this will affect nationals very much because there are four teams from the only state that has been affected by this yet, texas. Plus, i don't think that the flu has hit the pflugerville area yet (I'm referring to the division b teams). but then again, what are the odds that one of the teams going to nationals gets closed because of this so called "epidemic"?
Seven Lakes High School Class of 2014
Beckendorff Alumni
w0607858

Post by w0607858 »

Hmmmm....I personally dont think it'll effect nationals too much...I doubt Kelly Lane and Kealing would let a little thing like a nationwide Mexican epidemic stop them from Augusta (I know i would'nt. ;)
MWAHAHAHAHA I'm taking over the world one cheesy snack at a time and there's nothing anybody can do to stop me!!!
w0607858

Post by w0607858 »

I've heard that so far there have been more people killed by falling coconuts this year so far than this epidemic in the US (our team techies suppplied me with that little bit of info...dont know if its true yet) :?
MWAHAHAHAHA I'm taking over the world one cheesy snack at a time and there's nothing anybody can do to stop me!!!
srsvball95

Post by srsvball95 »

I know about the coconut thing (i was there when he said it to everyone)..

but, i bet there really isn't anything interesting going on in the news and so the media is exaggerating the whole swine flu thing. Honestly, have you ever heard of a school closing for a week because one student has "highly probable" swine flu????? it's a bit annoying but hey, at least we don't have schol- but trust me, after one day i will be bored-

i will probably start working on my plane for next year :D
Seven Lakes High School Class of 2014
Beckendorff Alumni
gyourkoshaven
Division: C
State: PA

Post by gyourkoshaven »

From up in PA, where we don't have any CONFIRMED cases, people see Texas as the source and New York City as the victim(as that whole school got infected). Being that there are only about 4,000 suspected cases in a country of 300 million I really don't see why it should shut down the whole world. Anyway, despite it being in Georgia, I really wouldn't be surprised if they screened everyone from Texas and New York at nationals.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...
rocketman1555
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by rocketman1555 »

gyourkoshaven wrote:From up in PA, where we don't have any CONFIRMED cases, people see Texas as the source and New York City as the victim(as that whole school got infected). Being that there are only about 4,000 suspected cases in a country of 300 million I really don't see why it should shut down the whole world. Anyway, despite it being in Georgia, I really wouldn't be surprised if they screened everyone from Texas and New York at nationals.
they have the CDC in atlanta, they can fix any problems there
I am a practitioner of the art of magic known as science.

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”