Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 7 seniors on a team?

Post by Pleiades » January 24th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Look into how event's are scored in NY. i dont know because i dont live there. Most states do follow that rule but there are some exceptions. Also, at states and regionals not entering an event doesnt hurt you as much as it does at nationals because at nationals you would get 61 points added to your score but at states where there are say, 30 teams, you would only get 31 points added to your score. That make sense?

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » January 24th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Yes, but I still think it's better to do all the events. (Maybe I'm just used to it. :roll: )
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

andrewwski
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Has thanked: 0

Post by andrewwski » January 24th, 2009, 3:25 pm

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:So why can you not do an event in NY and get away with it, meanwhile when you get to nats, it's a whole different ballgame? :? :? :?
Each tournament decides their own way of running it. Regionals are different than other regionals which are different from states, and each state tournament will differ a little as well.

If you only have to compete in 18 or 20 events at states, that's not giving you an unfair advantage, as every other team participating has to participate in only the same amount.

Now, it is pretty stupid to not compete in the number of events that will be scored. Just sending two people that know nothing about the topic will get you ranked above those that did not attend the event at all. Last place is better than not participating when it comes to scoring.

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”