Illinois 09

Floating Water
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 09

Post by Floating Water »

Anyone else find New Trier's point win scary? They got 119 pts last year and this year they got 93...
I'd like to see how they do at Nationals.
Have fun Marie Murphy, South, New Trier, and Stevenson.
Last edited by Floating Water on April 26th, 2009, 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image = uhh...
chia
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by chia »

93? whoooaaa, scary. where'd you learn it from? i don't think they already have anything up on the ISO site...
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
Earthsci_dude

Post by Earthsci_dude »

i thought new trier did better than 180 last year, i thought the 2nd place team (naperville central) got 180-ish, but 93 is certainly much better than last year. and they dominated the 2nd place team by 70 points, which is pretty crazy.

If they don't place top 10 at nats i'd be surprised... top 5 perhaps?

and we know that because they gave all division C coaches the score sheet for the state tourny (div c only)
[MCC SO - '04, '05, '06] [NN SO - '07, '08, '09, '10]

glue boy.
Floating Water

Post by Floating Water »

Oops, sorry about that.
Last year it was NT Winnetka 119 and Naperville Central at 180.
Yeah, I don't think that they won by that much because competition got any easier. (Any NT people reading this are allowed to go :D now)
I definitely heard Niles North and Kennedy up there. Any reactions, thoughts, complaints? (And Marie Murphy if they would like to stop spamming and put in a legit conversation. And anyone else of course.)
Last edited by Floating Water on April 26th, 2009, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image = uhh...
kmax12

Post by kmax12 »

what school is everyone here from? How was your experience at state? Any medals?
09-10
Dynamic Planet - 1st @ regional, 6th @ state, 5th @ nats
Forensics- 2nd @ regional, 1th @ state, 1st @ nats

10-11
Dynamic Planet - 1st @ regional, 4th @ state, 3rd @ nats
Forensics- 2nd @ regional, 1th @ state, 2nd @ nats
Heli 1st @ regional, 1st @ state, 16th @ nats

NTSO4L
courage7856

Post by courage7856 »

A lot of the tests at State were weird. The Dynamic Planet one was more about Rocks and Minerals, and easy. The Fossils one was also weird: there was no identification. The Compute This one was about North Carolina. Was I the only one who thought it was weird this year?
There once was a group of teens
Who were lean mean science machines.
They liked to win medals,
when everything settles
and their favorite color was green.

2012: Forestry, Forensics, Water Quality, R and M
chia

Post by chia »

[quote="courage7856"]A lot of the tests at State were weird. The Dynamic Planet one was more about Rocks and Minerals, and easy. /quote]
yeah, it was, and the dynamic planet part of it was easy. i've never really ever learned anything about anything when it comes to rocks and minerals, so we ended up getting third.
dude, as a team we failed so bad... we were two point away from getting 5th place *headdesk* thank gods kjhsscioly and i going to naperville central next year, where we actually stand a chance to go to nationals.... which will be at U of I! *headdesks some more*
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
kjhsscioly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by kjhsscioly »

i completely agree with chia.. apparently new trier winnetka head coach retired this year or something so central has an even better chance
gogofofo

Post by gogofofo »

She retired from teaching but is still likely going to coach SciOly as a volunteer or something to that effect.
State
2009: 1st Forensics, 1st Astronomy, 3rd Remote Sensing
2010: 1st Forensics, 1st Astro
2011: 1st Forensics, 2nd Astro, 1st TPS

Nationals
2009: 10th Forensics, 3rd Astronomy, 11th Remote Sensing
2010: 1st Forensics, 9th Astronomy
2011: 2nd Forensics, 8th Astronomy, 10th TPS
dahyper_fan

Post by dahyper_fan »

I was at these states too. Our team had an interesting time at the awards ceremony, due to the fact that we had to sit behind South, and our team got no medals at all :( . But yeah, i had the same answer at the end of the anatomy test. My partner answered yes. Also at the end of the enviromental chem test, there was a True or False question that said "Our team thought this test was too easy" we answered false.

Later on though I learned that If our team was in the single A divison I would of medaled 4th in enviro chem. The funny thing is i thought i didn't do so well either. Oh well about that stuff though, I had a fun experience with my friends and our whole team grew closer together. Plus, I'm entering Division C next year, and most of the team that did pretty well last year at states will be there now too. So, we have to try to get them to states, but our regional is pretty tough.

Also, I'm not going to reveal which team i belong too. But the Kennedy people would definitely know our school considering we go to the same regionals.

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”