Re: Michigan 2009

Postby cypressfalls Robert » May 3rd, 2009, 12:47 pm

Oh, I see thanks for the clarification :lol:

sciolykid101
Division: C
State: TN

Postby sciolykid101 » May 3rd, 2009, 1:27 pm

Grand Haven... isn't there another Michigan team that went last year, but isn't going this year?
2010 Events: Anatomy, Astronomy, Cell Biology, Protein Modeling
Looking forward to the '11 SO season!
Tennessee! Image

croman74
State: MI

Postby croman74 » May 3rd, 2009, 1:29 pm

Heritage from Division B and Plymouth Christian from Division C went last year but aren't going this year.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson

JustDroobles
Division: Grad

Postby JustDroobles » May 3rd, 2009, 1:53 pm

How did you guys do? I got 1st in Crave the Wave, 1st in Road Scholar, 2nd in Dynamic Planet, 3rd in Write It Do It, 5th in Compute This and 6th in Experimental Design. Not going to Nationals though. :(

croman74

Postby croman74 » May 3rd, 2009, 1:58 pm

We got 11th. A lot of things went wrong we only medaled in 3 events. 1st in Dynamic Planet, 2nd in Experimental Design, and 4th in Amphibians and Reptiles.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson

JustDroobles

Postby JustDroobles » May 3rd, 2009, 2:38 pm

We got 11th. A lot of things went wrong we only medaled in 3 events. 1st in Dynamic Planet, 2nd in Experimental Design, and 4th in Amphibians and Reptiles.
You guys took my gold medal in Dynamic Planet? Grr. You actually beat my team in all three of those events.

packer-backer91

Postby packer-backer91 » May 3rd, 2009, 4:41 pm

how did everybody think the compaction was run this year?
in two of my events I saw many violations of rules and nothing happened (in Experimental Design and Electric Vehicle) one of which caused my team not to get a second run on electric vehicle (we got 5th and would have improved a lot on the second run)
This year overall I though that the tournament was overall good with some things that should be improved (like officials that know ALL of the rules). West Ottawa's Invitational I believe was ran better than the state compaction when it comes to fallowing the rules.
Did anyone else have any problems?
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss

croman74

Postby croman74 » May 3rd, 2009, 6:11 pm

My events were run pretty well.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st

JustDroobles

Postby JustDroobles » May 3rd, 2009, 6:29 pm

how did everybody think the compaction was run this year?
in two of my events I saw many violations of rules and nothing happened (in Experimental Design and Electric Vehicle) one of which caused my team not to get a second run on electric vehicle (we got 5th and would have improved a lot on the second run)
This year overall I though that the tournament was overall good with some things that should be improved (like officials that know ALL of the rules). West Ottawa's Invitational I believe was ran better than the state compaction when it comes to fallowing the rules.
Did anyone else have any problems?
I had some minor computer problems in Compute This, but otherwise everything was fine this year.
It was a lot better than last year. Though I didn't compete in it, I heard the WIDI supervisors gave everyone a different model. I did Metric Mastery and the supervisor was awful. The stations were all either a note card or a steel block, all identical, and he obviously hadn't read the rules thoroughly since he thought we couldn't calculators at all. (you could on the measurement portion) There weren't any challenging stations like time or temperature, it was all boring length and volume stuff.

slrichardson

Postby slrichardson » May 4th, 2009, 11:34 am

This year was not agood year for me... (WHERE TO START?...) First off Pentathlon was terrible- not only was the event running close to twenty minutes behind schedule but this chunkier kid on my team was making fun of all the other teams and how bad they were doing, ohhhh did karma get him, he absolutely sucked at throwing the three fribees and he kept getting penalized for touching the hula-hoop (the baton) to the ground and at the very end of the event when all four participants on a team were back-to-back inside a hula-hoop, he began running and eventually tripped over himself which made us fall. Anyways my partner for Disease Detective and I got done with Pentathlon and were 10 minutes late for Disease Detectives, however since niether one of us were there at the start of the competion we were disqualified from the event (however, fortunately for us we were still allowed to take the test and when we appealed to headquarters they allowed our score to be counted, because the event superviser was so impressed that we kept our composurer). Right after that I went to Experimental Design and our timepeice broke so we made up all our findings, and lastly I went to PPhysical Science Lab which went okay- hey did anyone get 15 for the answer to the last question? Anyways at the awards assembly I didn't place (I've placed the last two years, but our school won the award for the most improved). I later found out that I placed 14th in Disease Detectives which made me kind of upset because my partner and I didn't even do the last page and several questions throughout the test (If we did we might have been able to medal).

P.S. Why does Grand Haven always do so well, what is their secret?

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”