EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Northern California

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

I believe they're separate, I just looked at the wikis and they have different teams down for state champ.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
croman74
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by croman74 »

I'm guessing that the reason for that is because California is so big. If that's the reason then what's up with Texas?
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
robotman
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by robotman »

we have 30 middle school teams at state thats all
Edit the Wiki.
Upload to the Image Gallery
[medals]Get Medals[/medals]
[chat][/chat]
croman74
Division: C
State: MI

Post by croman74 »

robotman09 wrote:we have 30 middle school teams at state thats all
Wow, we have like 50 at my regionals.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
danger will robinson
Division: B
State: CA

Post by danger will robinson »

croman74 wrote:I'm guessing that the reason for that is because California is so big. If that's the reason then what's up with Texas?
Because it isn't for geographical size, it's based on population. We have so many people that it has to be seperated.
Science Olympiad is a tribute to Murphey's Law. This has been proven experimentally.
And no, I'm not a guy...even though my sig says will robsinson. It's a reference to Lost in Space, an ancient sci fi TV show. And the robot is the character who always says the line.
starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: ME

Post by starpug »

danger will robinson wrote:
croman74 wrote:I'm guessing that the reason for that is because California is so big. If that's the reason then what's up with Texas?
Because it isn't for geographical size, it's based on population. We have so many people that it has to be seperated.
Not only that but also the way the population is arranged the majority of the population is either at the bottom of california or near the top and it takes 7 hours to travel between these two areas. Also in between there aren't many places that have the facilities to hold a states with over 50 teams. So then the states would have to be 6 or 7 hours from either the kids from NorCal or the kids from SoCal.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
danger will robinson
Division: B

Post by danger will robinson »

starpug wrote:Not only that but also the way the population is arranged the majority of the population is either at the bottom of california or near the top and it takes 7 hours to travel between these two areas. Also in between there aren't many places that have the facilities to hold a states with over 50 teams. So then the states would have to be 6 or 7 hours from either the kids from NorCal or the kids from SoCal.
Good point. I can't think of a college that could hold all of us. The bigger ones certainly could, but it tends to be the smaller collages that want to host SO. (Merced, etc)
Science Olympiad is a tribute to Murphey's Law. This has been proven experimentally.
And no, I'm not a guy...even though my sig says will robsinson. It's a reference to Lost in Space, an ancient sci fi TV show. And the robot is the character who always says the line.
starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by starpug »

danger will robinson wrote:
starpug wrote:Not only that but also the way the population is arranged the majority of the population is either at the bottom of california or near the top and it takes 7 hours to travel between these two areas. Also in between there aren't many places that have the facilities to hold a states with over 50 teams. So then the states would have to be 6 or 7 hours from either the kids from NorCal or the kids from SoCal.
Good point. I can't think of a college that could hold all of us. The bigger ones certainly could, but it tends to be the smaller collages that want to host SO. (Merced, etc)
It would still be nice to have a joint California States at least for me, and probably for you and the whole Churchill team, to see if Churchill could get in as the second national team from B division instead of El Rancho MS. It would be pretty interesting to see the top C teams from NorCal and SoCal face off would be very interesting too, we would get pwned by Troy though. :P
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

I'm from NorCal. Our team hoping to qualify for state again this Saturday at the Regional tourney.
UC Berkeley ChemE 2014
starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by starpug »

Most people on are from the Sacramento Regional, but I take it your from one of the others cause you have competition this week.

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”