Ohio State Predictions

fmtiger124
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio State Predictions

Post by fmtiger124 »

dontsenditinthemail wrote:Speaking to those sorta upset that solon was upset with 3rd.

Sometimes people join clubs, they enjoy friends, and they move on with life. To others, some activities are treasured beyond just a club. Science Olympiad, for the really good teams, is a way of life. It dominates peoples Facebook status's, it is their social life, it truly runs there lives. I understand why some teams, some people, wouldn't understand that, I do, because those people obviously didn't spend 4-5 years of their lives working soley towards the goal of winning nationals (note that the people in 7th grade who went to Solon placed 5,4,3, (didn't go), 2, (didn't go) during their div B and div C national tournaments). To those who didn't understand the dissapointment before, I don't expect you to understand it now. You haven't tasted victory, you haven't been at the top and then fallen all the way to "the bottom". And yes, Solon's bottom is apparently different from most people's, not because Solon is elitest and MUST win, but because the people on that team live to compete on Science Olympiad. So to those people who question Solon, to those who wonder why they are, or how they could be, upset, don't get angry at Solon, don't get frustrated at their mechanicals or think less of the people on the team. Either respect them for doing what they love and caring enough to cry about it, or pity them for only having Science Olympiad and thus not having anything else to cushion the fall from 2nd in the nation to not going. Again, I don't expect anybody who hates Solon (which isn't cool, I mean, to hate people over Science Olympiad? Use hate for more important things), or who can't understand their position to understand this, or to identify with them, but just realize that the top teams live for moments like the Science Olympiad State Tournament, and thus to lose with such high expectations is like jumping out of a plane thinking you have a parachute but realizing about halfway down that your parachute has a hole in it, and now all you can do is curl into a ball and hope that you survive for the next adventure.

P.S Never heard about any conspiracy theory, but after looking at results it is obvious of 2 things. 1 Solon had a bad day and 2 the elevator obviously did something, whether it was enough to ruin it for them or was just a small occurence will never be known.
so wht happend they had a broken elevator and missed an event?
dontsenditinthemail

Post by dontsenditinthemail »

Yes, more or less.
crabnebula143
State: PA

Post by crabnebula143 »

Congratulation, Solon and Centerville!!!!!!!!
BC / Harriton High School
'We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved.'
'Having dined on their companions, they now lie at the center of the cluster, waiting for more food to arrive.'
scienceolympiadist
State: OH

Post by scienceolympiadist »

well, now we see even more clearly why Ohio States is so hotly contested
Haley4NV
Division: C

Post by Haley4NV »

the elevator got our team as well... :(
Disease Detectives 9 at states
Picture This 12 at states
Cell Bio 25 at states
scienceolympiadist

Post by scienceolympiadist »

scienceolympiadist wrote:to add onto the previous comment...

its like understanding that Cleveland Cavaliers would not view anything but winning the NBA title this season, as task accomplished. pretend they lose to the lakers or even boston. an ordinary team, say...the charlotte bobcats, would have been happy by merely making into the playoffs. (they didnt). yet for the cavs, they knew that they had the potential to go farther and win. they knew that they had invested in the season more to succeed. they knew that anything short of their expectation (which is way higher than most team's) is disappointment
oh wow. I'm coming to bite at my own words. tough ending, Cleveland Cavaliers. I'm sure they felt like they underachieved this season considering what they had, although they got tied for 3rd farthest of all teams in the NBA
kp9ssa
Division: B

Post by kp9ssa »

scienceolympiadist wrote:well, now we see even more clearly why Ohio States is so hotly contested
thats amazing. have both a division b and c team from 1 state both win 1st in the nation
States

1st- Anatomy
4th- Dynamic Planet
2nd- Water Quality
2nd- Write it Do it

Team Overall: 1st

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”