Ohio State Predictions

wlsguy
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio State Predictions

Post by wlsguy »

Pudnon wrote:Look out for St. Ignatius. 8-)
I can say I hadn't considered them but maybe I should have.
St. Ignatius placed 9th at State last year and 4th at Mentor this year. They were pretty far behind Solon at Mentor and we don't know the Mentor's team results so they could be in the running for 2nd.
Does anyone know how they did in their regional and who else was in that region? I have most of the other Regional results but not that one.
Pudnon
Division: C

Post by Pudnon »

wls_guy wrote:
St. Ignatius placed 9th at State last year and 4th at Mentor this year. They were pretty far behind Solon at Mentor and we don't know the Mentor's team results so they could be in the running for 2nd.
Does anyone know how they did in their regional and who else was in that region? I have most of the other Regional results but not that one.
St. Ignatius - 1st

Vs. Brecksville, Magnificat, Rockyriver, Clearview, and other teams in the Lorain region.
Various invitationals + regionals (OH):
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Enviro Chem
1st, 4th, 5th Egg-o-naut
3rd, 4th, 4th Picture This - (2nd at states)
dontsenditinthemail

Post by dontsenditinthemail »

Pudnon wrote:
wls_guy wrote:
St. Ignatius - 1st

Vs. Brecksville, Magnificat, Rockyriver, Clearview, and other teams in the Lorain region.
So are those other teams that will also do well at state, or is this more of "one team" regional?
wlsguy

Post by wlsguy »

Last year St. Ignatius placed 9th with 327 points. The others in their region placed 10th, 16th, and 28th.
For comparison, the top 6 places at State last year were
Centerville- 91pts
Solon- 93 points
Mentor- 171points
Chardon- 207 points
Mason- 254 pointts
Beavercreek- 281 points

Yes, some of the events have changed. I also know that Mentor is doing well this year and is trying to push into the top 2. It will still be a challenge for any team to break into the top 2.
dontsenditinthemail

Less than a week, no? Exciting times in Ohio!

Reading this forum, I have come up with my own theory.

Div B:
Solon seems to have it locked up for number one (less competition or just a better team, I guess we'll find out at nats) with Chardon coming next closest (experience being on top does help at this level), although I predict an upset with WLS coming in 3rd.

Div C:
Obviously Centerville, Solon, and Mentor. Out of those 3, whichever one studied the most in the 3 weeks leading up to state seems to have the edge, as it seems all of those teams are pretty close (judging by what you all have posted on these threads this year), thus it will come down to the "last minute" studying and who has done the most of it.
sihT etupmoC
Division: B

Post by sihT etupmoC »

dontsenditinthemail wrote:although I predict an upset with WLS coming in 3rd.
Ouch. That is an upset. :geek: ha
Meh all we can do is do. And I am so exited. State is Saturday and I can't wait :roll:
2009 States: 1 Compute This, 5 Trajectory
2010 States: 3 Compute This, 6 Meteorology
2011 Regionals: 1 Write It/Do It, 4 Compute This, 5 Meteorology, 3 Team
mattgerb

Post by mattgerb »

Watch for Revere to break in to the top 6 this year. They came in 7th last year, and this year's team is the best they've had in a while.

And yes, that is my school.
jdet1990

Post by jdet1990 »

In all seriousness, I expect Revere in the top 3 or 4. They are gunning for Mentor. I hear they cleaned up their A team, and have been studying non-stop for the last few weeks (something they have never done before). They took 7th last year (due to an unexpected DQ) and this year's team has already proven to be much better than last year's.
leadoxide

Post by leadoxide »

Wow, you think that Revere will do that good? I think your forgetting about Beavercreek and Mason, both great teams that came in 5th and 6th last year respectively. Competition is so intense in Ohio. :shock:
Division C Events: Physics Lab, Chem Lab, Circuit Lab, Astronomy, Its About Time

Ohio States 2009
Astronomy - 2nd
Chem Lab - 3rd
Its About Time - 5th

Ohio States 2008
Physics Lab - 1st
Circuit Lab - 5th
dontsenditinthemail

well has Revere been doing that well in invitationals this year, because if they haven't beaten Mentor pre-states, they are probably not going to be able to beat a veteran team like that. However, I guess Revere could get 5th if they have a great day, but I think Mentor, Solon, Centerville, and St. Ignatius will be up there ahead of them, and that prediction doesn't include teams like Mason or Beavercreek.

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”