Rivalries-PA

denmarksoccer
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rivalries-PA

Post by denmarksoccer »

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:You're forgetting Greater Nanticoke, J.T. Lambert, Whitehall-Coplay, and Hershey. Stetson is also starting to be pretty competitive.
For trophying, maybe, but I don't think for making nationals. I think it's highly unlikely that anyone other than the three Ss and Bala are competing for a nationals spot.
2010:
Pentathlon-1@ regs, 4@ states, 16@ nationals
Road Scholar-2@ regs, 8@ states, 31st@ nationals
Disease Detectives-2@ regs, 1st@ states, 5@ nationals
Bio-Process Lab- 2@ states, 11@ nationals
Physical Science Lab- 38@ nationals
Team-1@ regs, 2@ states, 19@ nationals

Moving up to C.
JonnyC

Post by JonnyC »

I wouldn't count out anyone. There are too many intangibles at this point(new students, events) You never know.
crabnebula143
Division: Grad

Post by crabnebula143 »

JonnyC wrote:I wouldn't count out anyone. There are too many intangibles at this point(new students, events) You never know.
Yeah.
I think that if a team is REALLY dedicated, and nothing goes wrong the day of the competition, and the team does really well, I think that team CAN make it to nationals, despite the fact that they've never gone to nationals, or whatever reason that may hinder their chance to go anywhere.

Good luck to everyone!! :mrgreen:
BC / Harriton High School
'We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved.'
'Having dined on their companions, they now lie at the center of the cluster, waiting for more food to arrive.'
haven chuck
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by haven chuck »

It's hard to tell from the outside. I think most teams know from the people they have and the dedication they'll have how far they will go. It's hard to tell about other teams though since from the outside you cant know that
2010 Can't Judge a Powder- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2010 Science Crimebusters- 3rd in the NATION
gyourkoshaven

Post by gyourkoshaven »

crabnebula143 wrote:
JonnyC wrote:I wouldn't count out anyone. There are too many intangibles at this point(new students, events) You never know.
Yeah.
I think that if a team is REALLY dedicated, and nothing goes wrong the day of the competition, and the team does really well, I think that team CAN make it to nationals, despite the fact that they've never gone to nationals, or whatever reason that may hinder their chance to go anywhere.

Good luck to everyone!! :mrgreen:
I think a lot of teams take that approach when talking about nats qualification, where they say: "Well if we have a good day, and the favorite has a slightly bad day then we'll make nats". And math says that eventually you'll make nats if you consistently get top 5. Not to mention that dedication and hard work can get you anywhere.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

denmarksoccer wrote:
EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:You're forgetting Greater Nanticoke, J.T. Lambert, Whitehall-Coplay, and Hershey. Stetson is also starting to be pretty competitive.
For trophying, maybe, but I don't think for making nationals. I think it's highly unlikely that anyone other than the three Ss and Bala are competing for a nationals spot.
I meant for this part of her post:
crabnebula143 wrote:I think that each year gets more and more competitive...
Sewickly, Strath Haven, Shady Side, Unami, and a lot of the teams have increased their competitiveness. (I'm sorry If I spelled you school wrong)
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
denmarksoccer

Post by denmarksoccer »

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:
denmarksoccer wrote:
Sewickly, Strath Haven, Shady Side, Unami, and a lot of the teams have increased their competitiveness. (I'm sorry If I spelled you school wrong)
Whoops. My bad. I'm sorry. :oops: :oops:
2010:
Pentathlon-1@ regs, 4@ states, 16@ nationals
Road Scholar-2@ regs, 8@ states, 31st@ nationals
Disease Detectives-2@ regs, 1st@ states, 5@ nationals
Bio-Process Lab- 2@ states, 11@ nationals
Physical Science Lab- 38@ nationals
Team-1@ regs, 2@ states, 19@ nationals

Moving up to C.
Helix_Nebula_Freak

Post by Helix_Nebula_Freak »

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:
denmarksoccer wrote:

Yeah, everyone does to seem to b getting a lot more competitive. I definatley think 2010 is gonna be Sewickley, Shady Side, Strath Haven, or Bala Cynwood, but withen the next couple years, we could have a new set of rising champs.... I mean u never know what might happen...
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
croman74
State: MI

Post by croman74 »

You never know who will do well and amaze you. Some great teams now might do poorly in the future. In Michigan there is a team called Forest Hills Central MS, and in the 1980's and 90's they constantly placed in the top 3 at nats. However, now their team doesn't even make it past regionals. It just shows that with a new set of kids and/or new coaches teams can drastically change, for better or for worse.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

I think that's starting to happen with Stroudsburg. I'm hoping eventually a team outside SE and SW goes to nats soon. I know that's happened before, but that's been too long ago. Also I'd like to see someone besides Harriton win C.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”