Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: International science olympiad

Post by binary010101 »

inuyashakusho wrote:
kp9ssa wrote:US would get clobbered by india and china
I highly doubt that China would be able to beat the U.S. At least any time soon. Granted this is all theoretical anyway. China's education system is not by any means exceptional. For a nation at it's status of development, it is phenomenal, and the high population leads to an abundance of prodigies, however it is not a team of individuals selected from all over the nation, it is a team of one school.

This doesn't mean I don't think the U.S. wouldn't be destroyed by others. France and Japan would probably clean up. India is iffy, their education system is poor, however I would not be surprised if they have some exceptional centralized national schools. The United Kingdom would probably also do fairly poorly in comparison to the U.S. because of their relatively poor education system. Sweden would be a big player. Iran would as well, mostly due to the training of young physists for obvious reasons.

On second thought, China actually would probably destroy us as well, if only because of Hong Kong.
Just look at the medal counts for China, Russia, and India compared to the US for the competitions like the International Chemistry Olympiad. As for the International Science Olympiad, if there is such a team, the US will probably own the first few years, at least, until teams from other countries start taking it seriously. But then again, what's the point of having the competition when there's maybe two teams outside the US to compete, anyway?
Image ...NOT Communist.

Dual-Booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10

THE GAME.

"Mentat, solve thyself." ~ Dune
I follow the Path of the Beam.
kp9ssa
Division: B

Post by kp9ssa »

sorry im not very familiar with those stats
States

1st- Anatomy
4th- Dynamic Planet
2nd- Water Quality
2nd- Write it Do it

Team Overall: 1st
soccer_5456
Division: C

Post by soccer_5456 »

Where do you find all these medal count statistics? Sorry if I sound ignorant.. :?
SO Division C 2012:
Regionals: 1st Forensics, 1st Technical Problem Solving, 1st Chemistry Lab, 4th Remote Sensing
State: 1st Chemistry Lab, 1st Remote Sensing, 3rd Protein Modeling, 3rd Forensics

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”