POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Which two B Division teams from Pennsylvania will make nationals?

Sewickley
45
36%
Bala Cynwyd
22
17%
Shady Side
30
24%
Strath Haven
16
13%
Welsh Valley
1
1%
Stroudsburg
3
2%
Greater Nanticoke
1
1%
Whitehall-Coplay
4
3%
Unami
0
No votes
other (please specify)
4
3%
 
Total votes: 126

SSANationalTeam1
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: April 11th, 2009, 7:27 am
Division: B
State: PA
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby SSANationalTeam1 » April 26th, 2009, 11:53 am

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:I guess you guys do have a chance, but Sewickley and BC are really good, and it would take a lot to beat both of them.


well i mean SSA beat them both at Solon, so maybe something like that will happen, but who knows right?

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2985
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Contact:

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » April 26th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Yeh, I guess in reality all three have a chance. We'll see what happens.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

User avatar
denmarksoccer
Member
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 1:21 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Strath Haven High School

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby denmarksoccer » April 26th, 2009, 5:55 pm

SSANationalTeam1 wrote:
EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:I guess you guys do have a chance, but Sewickley and BC are really good, and it would take a lot to beat both of them.


well i mean SSA beat them both at Solon, so maybe something like that will happen, but who knows right?

Yes, but Solon was rather early on in the year, wasn't it? I would still be at least mildly surprised if Shadyside beat BC, but it can happen.
2010:
Pentathlon-1@ regs, 4@ states, 16@ nationals
Road Scholar-2@ regs, 8@ states, 31st@ nationals
Disease Detectives-2@ regs, 1st@ states, 5@ nationals
Bio-Process Lab- 2@ states, 11@ nationals
Physical Science Lab- 38@ nationals
Team-1@ regs, 2@ states, 19@ nationals

Moving up to C.

User avatar
gyourkoshaven
Member
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 12:16 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: SHHS

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby gyourkoshaven » April 26th, 2009, 6:00 pm

denmarksoccer wrote:
SSANationalTeam1 wrote:
EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:I guess you guys do have a chance, but Sewickley and BC are really good, and it would take a lot to beat both of them.


well i mean SSA beat them both at Solon, so maybe something like that will happen, but who knows right?

Yes, but Solon was rather early on in the year, wasn't it? I would still be at least mildly surprised if Shadyside beat BC, but it can happen.


These are the 3 premier teams. Sewickley will almost definitely make nats, while I think Bala and Shadyside are to close to call. I think it could be like last year, where Bala and Shadyside are really close for 2nd, then there is a major drop (points-wise) before everyone else. 3rd might be 160, then 4th is 230. I really think that there will be two totally different worlds. I will have my final predictions later.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...

User avatar
gyourkoshaven
Member
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 12:16 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: SHHS

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby gyourkoshaven » April 26th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Here are my predictions:
1. Sewickley
2. Bala Cynwyd (Sorry SSANationalTeam1)
3. Shadyside
4. Strath Haven :D
5. J.T. Lambert
6. Welsh Valley
7. Stroudsburg
8. Unami
9. Whitehall-Coplay
10. Greater Nanticoke

I may be totally wrong about the 2nd nats team, stroudsburg and greater natnicoke finishing so low, and many other things, but I think that this is what it will look like.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...

User avatar
Helix_Nebula_Freak
Member
Member
Posts: 220
Joined: February 28th, 2009, 10:00 am
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Somewhere gazing at the stars and pondering the nature of man's existence

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby Helix_Nebula_Freak » April 26th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Idk, u could b right, but I really think Shady Side's got a shot at 2nd...
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2985
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Contact:

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » April 28th, 2009, 6:19 am

I pretty much agree with those, except I think you have Nanticoke a little too low. I have your exact top 5 though! Just for reference, here are my updated rankings:

1. Sewickley
2. Bala Cynwyd
3. Shady Side
4. Strath Haven
5. J.T. Lambert
6. Greater Nanticoke
7. Welsh Valley
8. Stroudsburg
9. Unami
10. Wyoming Area
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

nejanimb
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 343
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 5:17 am
Division: Grad
State: PA

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby nejanimb » April 28th, 2009, 8:56 am

I think it'll be Sewickley and BC at nationals again - Sewickley is too good, and BC still has a lot of ninth graders. SS will be a very close third.

I only really know anything about SE teams, and I think Strath Haven might be able to get back in the top five - probably a distant fourth. I'm most intimately familiar with Welsh Valley, and I think WV is going to come out swinging, and will be a definite factor for build events - I'm guessing top 5 in every one. Their study events will be a toss up, but I expect them to do better then last year and stay in the top 10.

Only a couple days! Good luck everyone.
Harriton '10, UVA '14
Event Supervisor in MA (prev. VA and NorCal)

User avatar
gyourkoshaven
Member
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 12:16 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: SHHS

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby gyourkoshaven » April 28th, 2009, 10:00 am

nejanimb wrote:I think it'll be Sewickley and BC at nationals again - Sewickley is too good, and BC still has a lot of ninth graders. SS will be a very close third.

I only really know anything about SE teams, and I think Strath Haven might be able to get back in the top five - probably a distant fourth. I'm most intimately familiar with Welsh Valley, and I think WV is going to come out swinging, and will be a definite factor for build events - I'm guessing top 5 in every one. Their study events will be a toss up, but I expect them to do better then last year and stay in the top 10.

Only a couple days! Good luck everyone.


For the record Strath Haven has been in the top 5 for the last 2 years. It's interesting that you're the least familiar with SE as it's the biggest region, and since NE and CE have the most dark horses, including: J.T. Lambert, Greater Nanticoke, Stroudsburg(a former power that may be in the decline), and Wyoming Area.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2985
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Contact:

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » April 28th, 2009, 2:31 pm

gyourkoshaven wrote:Stroudsburg(a former power that may be in the decline)

I think they probably are, they've gotten 2nd at regionals for the past two years. Plus this year it was a tie.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

User avatar
eyeball138
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 402
Joined: November 13th, 2006, 1:01 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Location: Strath Haven High School

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby eyeball138 » April 28th, 2009, 2:43 pm

gyourkoshaven wrote:
nejanimb wrote:I think it'll be Sewickley and BC at nationals again - Sewickley is too good, and BC still has a lot of ninth graders. SS will be a very close third.

I only really know anything about SE teams, and I think Strath Haven might be able to get back in the top five - probably a distant fourth. I'm most intimately familiar with Welsh Valley, and I think WV is going to come out swinging, and will be a definite factor for build events - I'm guessing top 5 in every one. Their study events will be a toss up, but I expect them to do better then last year and stay in the top 10.

Only a couple days! Good luck everyone.


For the record Strath Haven has been in the top 5 for the last 2 years. It's interesting that you're the least familiar with SE as it's the biggest region, and since NE and CE have the most dark horses, including: J.T. Lambert, Greater Nanticoke, Stroudsburg(a former power that may be in the decline), and Wyoming Area.
Nejanimb said he was MOST familiar with the Southeast region, not least. I think all of those teams in the NE are contenders. What teams in CE have a chance to do well?
My SHMS Team Results:
2007
Regionals- 3rd
States- 5th

2008
Regionals- 3rd
States- 5th

2009
Regionals- 2nd
States- 4th

2010
Regionals- 1st
States- 2nd
Nationals- 19th

C Division...

User avatar
gyourkoshaven
Member
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 12:16 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: SHHS

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby gyourkoshaven » April 28th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Whtehall-Coplay and Kutztown have a chance to trophy.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...

User avatar
eyeball138
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 402
Joined: November 13th, 2006, 1:01 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Location: Strath Haven High School

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby eyeball138 » April 28th, 2009, 3:02 pm

Oh, I forgot that Whitehall- Coplay was in CE. Yeah, I predicted them to get 10th, although they may get even better. Kutztown has also been okay, but I'm not expecting them to get in the top 10.
My SHMS Team Results:
2007
Regionals- 3rd
States- 5th

2008
Regionals- 3rd
States- 5th

2009
Regionals- 2nd
States- 4th

2010
Regionals- 1st
States- 2nd
Nationals- 19th

C Division...

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2985
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Contact:

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » April 28th, 2009, 3:03 pm

What place did Kutztown get at CE regionals? 2nd? I would say the chance is there, but there's so much competition for the top 6 spots.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

User avatar
gyourkoshaven
Member
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 12:16 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: SHHS

Re: POLL-Top 2 PA B Division Teams

Postby gyourkoshaven » April 28th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Yeah and W-C got first. No idea of the margin.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...


Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest