Competitions

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Competitions

Post by Jim_R »

Use this for competition techniques, or tricks you might want to share.
-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
blakinator8
State: TX
Been thanked: 0

Re: Competitions

Post by blakinator8 »

For those of y'all flying to competitions, I would highly suggest putting your missions inside a suitcase, not a cardboard box. It seems like the TSA is a lot less forgiving to things in boxes- our B team had their mission taken apart on the way to and from wright state, presumably because it was packed in a questionable-looking cardboard box. We're talking jug ripped off, wires strewn about, and "TSA inspected" tape everywhere, to add insult to injury. It was a mess to put that thing back together the night before. The A team had no such problems, by simply putting the box into a suitcase. I guess that's what happens when the nature of the device makes it look like a bomb....
Proud member of the Liberal Arts and Science Academy team, 2012-2015
watermydoing14
Division: C
State: WA
Been thanked: 0

Post by watermydoing14 »

Practice starting your machine so you don't miss.... (like i may or may not have done at state last year... whoops)
2013~Designer Genes~Disease Detectives~Forensics~Remote Sensing
2014~Anatomy~Experimental Design~Mission Possible
2015~Anatomy~Cell Biology~Experimental Design~Mission Possible
2016~Air Trajectory~Anatomy~Cell Biology~Experimental Design~Protein Modeling~Robot Arm~Wright Stuff
Interlake High School
GO SAINTS!
goodcheer
Division: B
State: KY

Post by goodcheer »

Anyone else have competitions canceled or rescheduled due to bad weather? Our regional was scheduled for Mar. 7, but rescheduled for Mar. 21 at a different region in the state. I think another regional had to be rescheduled from Feb. 28 to Mar. 21. Its been a real winter for us and I can imagine worse for others.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

goodcheer wrote:Anyone else have competitions canceled or rescheduled due to bad weather? Our regional was scheduled for Mar. 7, but rescheduled for Mar. 21 at a different region in the state. I think another regional had to be rescheduled from Feb. 28 to Mar. 21. Its been a real winter for us and I can imagine worse for others.
I don't think this is the right topic for this, but I'll still respond. Arkansas' state tournament is delayed 6 weeks due to weather and now will take place on Saturday, April 18.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
goodcheer
Division: B
State: KY

Post by goodcheer »

Probably the most important competition "trick" for MP is: make sure every step works well so you don't have to touch it. The second might be: have a dependable method for getting the optimum time. We just got first place in competition with our device and it only had 2 ETSs and 3 scored golf balls. But, it worked great!

Return to “Mission Possible C”