What are your guys times right now?

Chris_L
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What are your guys times right now?

Post by Chris_L »

You could try to lower the pitch of your propeller and start using thinner rubber. That way you could add more energy into your plane to get 4+ minute flights.
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." -Bruce Lee

When asked what his IQ was, Stephen Hawking said "I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers"
someusername
State: NE

Post by someusername »

Chris_L wrote:You could try to lower the pitch of your propeller and start using thinner rubber. That way you could add more energy into your plane to get 4+ minute flights.
Alright, I'll give that a try and see how it works.

on another note, how does it work exactly? I'm trying to think it through how that would give me a better time but nothing really comes to hand (I'm also not the best at knowing how to really trim these planes other than the simple things like number of winds and angles)
simplicity is key...sometimes
Chris_L
State: CA

Post by Chris_L »

on another note, how does it work exactly? I'm trying to think it through how that would give me a better time but nothing really comes to hand (I'm also not the best at knowing how to really trim these planes other than the simple things like number of winds and angles)
If you have a thinner cross section of rubber, you can store the same amount of energy as in the .094 rubber however the difference is that is expended slower and therefore lasts longer. If you lower the pitch of the prop and match that to a thinner rubber cross section you will see the propeller not rotate as fast, but as long as it keeps the plane off of the ground, it will go for longer due to how fast the energy in the motor is being expended.
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." -Bruce Lee

When asked what his IQ was, Stephen Hawking said "I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers"

Return to “Wright Stuff C”