Kuttan
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bio-Process Lab B

Post by Kuttan »

{a. I don't know, b. the light underneath the stage c. I don't know}
Can somebody explain glycolysis to me please?
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Kuttan wrote:
{a. I don't know, b. the light underneath the stage c. I don't know}
Can somebody explain glycolysis to me please?
If your question is intended to learn something you don't know, as implied by the wording, that would be better asked in the event forum here. On the chance that you intended it to be part of the question marathon:
Glycolysis is the name for a series of reactions that convert glucose into pyruvate. This process creates ATP and NADH as byproducts.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Kuttan

Post by Kuttan »

Thank you, will do! This is my first time here.
Bio-Process Lab/Food Science/Green Generation
Great Lakes Invitational (L'Anse Creuse High School)-2/2/5
c-trast
Division: C
State: NY

Post by c-trast »

I guess since the question wasn't fully answered, then anyone else is still free to respond?
'16 Ward Melville

Hydrogeology, Protein Modeling, Remote Sensing (NYS Trial)
Regionals: -/1/3
aditi
State: PA

Post by aditi »

Remaining answers of c-trast's question....
A condenser lens concentrates light from the illumination, that is in turn focused through the object and magnified by the objective lens. A rack stop tells how close the objective lens can get to the slide.
Here are a couple easy questions...

Describe what would happen if one link of a food chain were to die off.
True or False: if one part in a food web dies off everything else will die off too.
Name 2 primary consumers.
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
c-trast
Division: C
State: NY

Post by c-trast »

[aditi] wrote:Remaining answers of c-trast's question....
A condenser lens concentrates light from the illumination, that is in turn focused through the object and magnified by the objective lens. A rack stop tells how close the objective lens can get to the slide.
Here are a couple easy questions...

Describe what would happen if one link of a food chain were to die off.
True or False: if one part in a food web dies off everything else will die off too.
Name 2 primary consumers.
That's right. Everyone go answer [aditi]'s question.
'16 Ward Melville

Hydrogeology, Protein Modeling, Remote Sensing (NYS Trial)
Regionals: -/1/3
Kuttan

Post by Kuttan »

a. (I'm not sure, but...)It depends on where the link is. If it is near the top, say, wolves, then the bottom, say, deer, will overpopulate. If it is near the bottom, say, grass, then the primary consumers(herbivores) might die off, or they may find a new feeding source. b. False c. Pandas, Cows
aditi

Post by aditi »

Kuttan wrote:
a. (I'm not sure, but...)It depends on where the link is. If it is near the top, say, wolves, then the bottom, say, deer, will overpopulate. If it is near the bottom, say, grass, then the primary consumers(herbivores) might die off, or they may find a new feeding source. b. False c. Pandas, Cows

That's mostly correct, Kuttan. The only problem is in the first question...You're partially correct, but you need to add that at the end, all the other parts of food chain would die off too. Because, the wolves and deer would overpopulate, meaning there wouldn't be a large enough food source, and they would all end up dying...Also, it's your turn to ask a question once you've answered one. :)
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
Kuttan

Post by Kuttan »

This should be easy...
In race horses, black hair (B) is dominant over chestnut hair (b) and a trotting gait (T) is dominant over a pacing gait (t). What are the phenotype and genotype ratios for a thoroughbred black trotter and a thoroughbred chestnut pacer?
aditi

Post by aditi »

Black trotter : phenotype - 3:1 and genotype - 9:3:3
chestnut pacer : phenotype - 13:2 and genotype - 5:8:3

Return to “2015 Question Marathons”