Pennsylvania 2015

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Pennsylvania 2015

Post by Unome »

Well, if anyone's here from Springhouse (I think there are a few) congratulations on your win!
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
schist99centz
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by schist99centz »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:Do you have 6-10?
I remember Welsh Valley got 6th and Hershey got 10th

For C, I remember Lower Merion getting sixth and Shady Side getting seventh
tns12
Division: B

Post by tns12 »

schist99centz wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:Do you have 6-10?
I remember Welsh Valley got 6th and Hershey got 10th

For C, I remember Lower Merion getting sixth and Shady Side getting seventh
Did Park Forest and State High get in top 10?
Results
2014 Regionals
4th in Experimental Design B
6th in Disease Detectives B
2014 States
5th in Road Scholar B
9th in Disease Detectives B

WHO'S READY FOR SOME PARK FOREST SCIENCE OLYMPIAD? WOO :D :D
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

I would be very surprised if State College did, but Park Forest definitely had a shot.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
roadscholar11

Post by roadscholar11 »

I have the full top ten, and medal counts (medals may not be completely accurate since I missed 2 events):

B Division
1. Springhouse- 15 medals
2. Shady Side- 15 medals
3. Bala Cynwyd- 10 medals
4. Strath Haven- 5 medals
5. Devon Prep- 8 medals
6. Welsh Valley- 4 medals
7. Park Forest- 1 medal
8. Springton Lake- 3 medals
9. Wyoming Area- 4 medals
10. Hershey- 3 medals

C Division
1. Harriton- 15 medals
2. Rustin- 15 medals
3. Penncrest- 13 medals
4. Conestoga- 15 medals
5. Strath Haven- 9 medals
6. Lower Merion- 3 medals
7. Shady Side- 5 medals
8. Stroudsburg- 5 medals
9. Northwestern Lehigh- 0 medals
10. Perkiomen Valley- 3 medals
aditi

Post by aditi »

Unome wrote:Well, if anyone's here from Springhouse (I think there are a few) congratulations on your win!
Thank you! Congratulations to all the teams in Pennsylvania, it was a great competition! (and there was extreme competition :lol:)
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

Shady Side was moping, so my team was all "Oh, boo-hoo, you got second." I don't think it cheered them up. :lol: Then, I realized all of the less prominent schools were probably thinking the same thing about us. :mrgreen:
Well, the scores haven't been posted yet, but I know that SHMS lost to Bala by ~18 points, Bala lost to Shady Side by ~100 points, and Shady Side lost to Springhouse by ~20 points.

Well, congratulations to Springhouse and Shady Side for getting to represent our state at Nationals! :D :D
Last edited by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F on April 27th, 2015, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19sawickin

Post by 19sawickin »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:Shady Side was moping, so my team was all "Oh, boo-hoo, you got second." I don't think it cheered them up. :lol: Then, I realized all of the less prominent schools were probably thinking the same thing about us. :mrgreen:
Well, the scores haven't been posted yet, but I know that SHMS lost to Bala by ~18 points, Bala lost to Shady Side by ~100 points, and Shady Side lost to Springhouse by ~20 points.
We were a bit sad at first, but we were actually all very happy to have the opportunity to participate in the nationals tournament. Also, considering the fact that we scored better than last year when we were touted by our own ex-team members that we wouldn't make as large of an impact this year helps a lot.
schist99centz

Post by schist99centz »

As said in the above statement, although we are disappointed that we weren't able to capture our fourth straight state's title, I'm still proud of my team for overcoming big obstacles we have faced from the beginning of the season to now, while proving many ex-team members wrong in the process. Congratulations to all the schools in PA for amazing competition, and a even bigger congratulations to Springhouse, Harriton, and Bayard Rustin for one of the more dominating state tournaments in a while. We here at SSA are very excited to represent the state of PA in Nebraska with you guys.
earthsciteach

Post by earthsciteach »

I ran the Div B Air Trajectory event at the state competition yesterday and had a great time doing it! I was really impressed with so many of the teams. Everyone was friendly and patient. It doesn't seem possible to get on site soon enough to be prepared for impound, at least not for the first year running a given event. A coach or parent from Spring Valley jumped in and helped me lay out the range and boxes for the event, which was definitely a Godsend! The young lady helping me was fantastic, but not experienced in Science Olympiad, as she was a student volunteer. Regardless, she did a great job! It's just too much for two people to take on with impound.

It was well after 9:00 before we could get the event started. I want to thank everyone for their patience. We were able to get everyone in before 3:00 by allowing those with conflicts with other events to come back at the end of the day. It was exciting to see so many schools being so successful! Thank goodness for the score spreadsheet provided by Science Olympiad or I'd probably still be trying to figure out the scores!

As a whole, our team (Cedar Cliff High School) has a ways to go to be competitive at the state level, but I'm really proud of our kids overall. We did take 4th place in Scrambler and 3rd in Wright Stuff. I'm anxious to see the results to look at where we were weak and where we need to build for next year. It was another great day at a Science Olympiad tournament!

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”