Bilbo McSwaggins
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio 2015

Post by Bilbo McSwaggins »

bernard wrote:
dholdgreve wrote:So... I just heard that the New Albany Invitational scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed to an unknown date, due to a conflict with the blizzard. Please confirm this before driving all the way to Columbus!
Their website says its postponed, and they will have a new date next week.
New Albany Invitational wrote:UPDATE: Invitational Postponed

Despite our best optimism the weather is playing havoc with our event this weekend. Due to a number of team already unable to travel to New Albany and another really bad storm expected overnight and tomorrow we have decided to postpone our event. We will have a new date early next week. If you are registered for this event please check your email for updates.

More than anything we want to be able to run a safe and fair competition. When teams can’t make it, event supervisors can’t make it. This means not all events go on. Weather also creates hazardous traveling conditions and many teams have to travel 2 or more hours to get to us.

Please stay tuned for our new date soon.
New Albany got canceled :(
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
-Elbert Hubbard
On the bright side, my events this year are: Anatomy, ELG, Solar System, and CJAP :D
Medal Count:16
c-padd1999

Post by c-padd1999 »

Who do you guys think will get second in the state as of right now? It's almost certain that Solon will win first, but second is a toss-up. Personally, my bet is on Mentor Memorial or Tower Heights middle school.
Milankovitch1
Division: Grad

Post by Milankovitch1 »

c-padd1999 wrote:Who do you guys think will get second in the state as of right now? It's almost certain that Solon will win first, but second is a toss-up. Personally, my bet is on Mentor Memorial or Tower Heights middle school.
I think you have to consider Magsis, Westlake and Chardon, but Memorial has been splitting their teams all year so you never know. I say, Solon, Memorial, Magsig, Towers, Chardon, Westlake and Mentor Shore in that order. Good luck to all!
Play Hard - Have Fun
c-padd1999

Post by c-padd1999 »

Milankovitch1 wrote:
c-padd1999 wrote:Who do you guys think will get second in the state as of right now? It's almost certain that Solon will win first, but second is a toss-up. Personally, my bet is on Mentor Memorial or Tower Heights middle school.
I think you have to consider Magsig, Westlake and Chardon, but Memorial has been splitting their teams all year so you never know. I say, Solon, Memorial, Magsig, Towers, Chardon, Westlake and Mentor Shore in that order. Good luck to all!
Well, my main question was who's getting second. I do agree that all of those schools will do well. However, in my opinion, Memorial, Magsig, and Tower Heights are the main 3 likely to achieve that spot. I can see any order of those happening, except I cannot see Magsig beating Tower Heights. I don't think there has been(correct me if I'm wrong, it's possible) a single competition where Magsig has beaten Tower Heights this year. Unless you count Solon, where there was a scoring error, and Magsig in reality got 3rd/4th and Tower Heights got 2nd/3rd(I can't remember which for either). Also, look at the West-Liberty Salem invitational; Magsig's top team didn't even place high enough to get a trophy. I would give a more concrete opinion on Mentor as well, but I don't think they've made their strongest possible team yet this year, so I don't have enough information to judge.
Bilbo McSwaggins

I say Tower Heights, Magsig, Mentor Memorial, and Westlake in that order.
-Elbert Hubbard
On the bright side, my events this year are: Anatomy, ELG, Solar System, and CJAP :D
Bilbo McSwaggins

c-padd1999 wrote:
Milankovitch1 wrote:
I think you have to consider Magsig, Westlake and Chardon, but Memorial has been splitting their teams all year so you never know. I say, Solon, Memorial, Magsig, Towers, Chardon, Westlake and Mentor Shore in that order. Good luck to all!
Well, my main question was who's getting second. I do agree that all of those schools will do well. However, in my opinion, Memorial, Magsig, and Tower Heights are the main 3 likely to achieve that spot. I can see any order of those happening, except I cannot see Magsig beating Tower Heights. I don't think there has been(correct me if I'm wrong, it's possible) a single competition where Magsig has beaten Tower Heights this year. Unless you count Solon, where there was a scoring error, and Magsig in reality got 3rd/4th and Tower Heights got 2nd/3rd(I can't remember which for either). Also, look at the West-Liberty Salem invitational; Magsig's top team didn't even place high enough to get a trophy. I would give a more concrete opinion on Mentor as well, but I don't think they've made their strongest possible team yet this year, so I don't have enough information to judge.
Yeah Mentor has been split ups into like 5 teams which is a lot so we really haven't seen them at their maximum potential yet. :?:
-Elbert Hubbard
Milankovitch1

Post by Milankovitch1 »

So what was the total and places for all the Centerville schools at their regional. I wasn't aware of the scoring snafu at Solon and only saw Magsis ahead of Towers by 2 spots.
Play Hard - Have Fun
c-padd1999

Post by c-padd1999 »

Milankovitch1 wrote:So what was the total and places for all the Centerville schools at their regional. I wasn't aware of the scoring snafu at Solon and only saw Magsis ahead of Towers by 2 spots.
I'm not quite sure on this, but I'm fairly sure Towers won 1st and Magsig second, don't know points. All the Centerville schools, meaning Watts too? I think they got 4th or something, and again, not sure of points.
ckssv07
Division: C
State: PA

Post by ckssv07 »

If I remember correctly, it was Solon, Piedmont, Tower Heights, Magsig, Meads Mill.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

ckssv07 wrote:If I remember correctly, it was Solon, Piedmont, Tower Heights, Magsig, Meads Mill.
At Regionals?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”