Indiana 2015

pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Indiana 2015

Post by pikachu4919 »

HOT-OFF-THE-PRESS BUTLER REGIONAL RESULTS!

Div B:
5 and Wildcard: Highland Hills
4: St Simon the Apostle
3: Jackson Creek
2: Raymond Park
1: Tri-North

Div C:
4 and wildcard: Mt Vernon - 145
3: North Central - 130
2: Bloomington North - 82
1: Carmel :D - 54

EDIT: will post scores when I find out
EDIT: Don't have Div B scores. Just Div C.
Last edited by pikachu4919 on March 6th, 2015, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
MC McGilicutty
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MC McGilicutty »

pikachu4919 wrote:HOT-OFF-THE-PRESS BUTLER REGIONAL RESULTS!

Div B:
5 and Wildcard: Highland Hills
4: St Simon the Apostle
3: Jackson Creek
2: Raymond Park
1: Tri-North

Div C:
4 and wildcard: Mt Vernon
3: North Central
2: Bloomington North
1: Carmel :D

EDIT: will post scores when I find out
Congrats on your victory man. Have you heard anything about scores yet. I tried to look up Butlers site but it is completely taken down. Also, this is for anyone. Does anyone know rankings and scores from Lafayette.
Crazy Puny Man

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

Congratulations, pikachu! Best of luck at state!

I heard the Lafeyette rankings were 1) Valpo 2) Fishers and 3) West Lafayette but don't take my word for it
MC McGilicutty
Division: C

Post by MC McGilicutty »

Crazy Puny Man wrote:Congratulations, pikachu! Best of luck at state!

I heard the Lafeyette rankings were 1) Valpo 2) Fishers and 3) West Lafayette but don't take my word for it
That's probably correct. Valpo is known for having a pretty good team. Thanks for that Crazy Puny Man. So looks like all our regionals are wrapped up. Best wishes for state guys
gogogadget1234

Post by gogogadget1234 »

If anyone on this forum knows where pokemaster is from, i'd be very appreciative of this information. Below is what i've had to deal with over the past few months.

You better be ready for State. We are a mighty Rapidash and you are a tiny Oddish. A tiny cheating embarassment of an Oddish. We'll STOMP you out TAKE you DOWN. You won't be able to handle our FURY ATTACK. Then right after we're done beating you, we'll just BOUNCE. And all the while you'll be a TOXIC team exposed for not playing fair. You might need to start doing your LUCKY CHANT or else you'll be in for a GIGA DRAIN when you fail. Bring your best even though we all that won't be enough to stop us.
Crazy Puny Man

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

Results from Indiana!

Division B:
1. Thomas Jefferson MS - 82 - Qualifies for 2015 National Tournament
2. Chesterton - 178
3. Tri-North - 188
4. St. Simon the Apostle - 203
5. Stanley Clark - 204

Division C:
1. Munster - 61 - Qualifies for 2015 National Tournament
2. Carmel - 134
3. Bloomington South - 137
4. Lake Central - 147
5. Bloomington North - 157

Indiana will only be sending 1 team to nationals in both divisions this year. Congratulations to all! :)
fozendog
State: WA

Post by fozendog »

Great job, CPM!!!
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality
GUBAR

Post by GUBAR »

I just want to give a shoutout to I.U. for having, once again, the worst competition I have been to all year. Four years, four bad competitions. At least get someone to proctor bungee that can properly measure heights...or scrambler proctors that can read rules. Grats to the teams that got a 2nd egg after theirs fell off.

Ya know, you would think that a
/STATE/
competition could get people that can run things correctly. These proctors may not know/care what they are doing, but S.O. has been many of our lives for the past 4 years...only to have all our hard work thrown in the trash. It sickens me. Hopefully if I come back to help my former team as an alumn in a few years, state will be held somewhere that can respect the organization.

If not, the proctors need to stop wasting our time.

Oh, and don't get me started on the fact that Indiana only sends one team to nationals now, because this state doesn't have enough teams. Can you blame the teams that quit? After a few hours at this competition (or for that matter, 4 years), you really can't.

Oh, one positive shoutout for today; thanks to Mr. Murphy of Mission Possible for knowing his stuff- at least one event was ran well. I only wish Mr. Elya could have been here as well.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

GUBAR wrote:Oh, and don't get me started on the fact that Indiana only sends one team to nationals now, because this state doesn't have enough teams. Can you blame the teams that quit? After a few hours at this competition (or for that matter, 4 years), you really can't.
As a result of West Virginia reviving their Science Olympiad organization, one of the states that usually sends 2 teams to the National Tournament could only send one.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Bozongle
Division: B

Post by Bozongle »

Yeah, Indiana has been on the verge of 1 vs 2 teams the past few years anyways, doesn't surprise me that a factor like that restricted us to 1 team.

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”