New York 2015

Intj
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2015

Post by Intj »

Hi everyone! If you're looking for additional Invitationals to attend, come to NJ! Montgomery High School (Skillman NJ) will be holding an invitational on January 31st. Here's the registration website if you're interested: http://mhsinvite.weebly.com/
redpanda

Post by redpanda »

Hey guys! We just got our schedule for regional events today, and all three of my events conflict :( , as well as the events of a couple of other members on the team. Is there a possibility of rescheduling the events or maybe testing in another time block? Thanks!
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

redpanda wrote:Hey guys! We just got our schedule for regional events today, and all three of my events conflict :( , as well as the events of a couple of other members on the team. Is there a possibility of rescheduling the events or maybe testing in another time block? Thanks!
Exactly why I dislike those types of schedules (SignUp Genius for the win!)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

redpanda wrote:Hey guys! We just got our schedule for regional events today, and all three of my events conflict :( , as well as the events of a couple of other members on the team. Is there a possibility of rescheduling the events or maybe testing in another time block? Thanks!
It may not be that likely, and I understand completely from when I was competing how annoying it can be. What's more annoying is I heard from my team some weird stuff going on with their regional...but I won't make a big fuss over it since I'm not competing -_-. You can try to email your regional or state adviser (I can put their contacts in the first post or in this post if you can't find them), but that only has had marginal success in the past (though, sometimes it's better to at least be able to say you made an effort). So, if you are going to take your time drafting up an email, then I recommend considering backups/switches as needed. Good luck, if you have other questions/need the contact like I said please ask! If you do need the email, mind sharing what region you're from, so I can directly link to the regional adviser?
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Savage_beast

Post by Savage_beast »

I feel like this year is the year my high school will finally make it to States. My middle school team made it twice consecutively, and our team has a lot of potential. Hopefully the Eastern LI Regionals will treat us well and we'll make it!
I'm not sure where I am, but I could probably tell you how fast I'm going! *ba dum tss* :mrgreen:
Quiz Bowl is life, Quiz Bowl is love, all is Quiz Bowl, Quiz Bowl is all.
islipscioly

Post by islipscioly »

Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

islipscioly wrote:Islip Invitational results:

http://islipscioly.yolasite.com/resourc ... nkings.pdf
So far your's is the only invitational I've seen that actually posts raw scores (I mean that as a good thing). Plus you had this up the day after the competition. That was cool.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
silverheart7

Post by silverheart7 »

*pops in* Hello friends!

Now that I'm helping out, I'll be at a few B-Division competitions. I'm going with two of our teams to Westport, CT for an Invitational on Saturday.

Best of luck to the C-Divisioners that have Regionals in the coming weeks!
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
CornellColin

Post by CornellColin »

Hope everyone had a good time at the Cornell invitational yesterday! To those of you in the Mid-State region, I'll see you on Saturday, and best of luck!
Wellwood Middle School SO 2008-10
Fayetteville-Manlius High School SO 2010-13
Science Olympiad at Cornell 2014-2017
Golden Gate SO 2017-Present
Host Committee, Science Olympiad National Tournament at Cornell University, 2019
BroNiSciGuy

Post by BroNiSciGuy »

Nassau West Results:
Top 19 events/22
34 teams from 19 schools...
1) Kellenberg A (73 pts, 8 1st places)
2) GNS A (73 pts, 4 1st places)
3) Chaminade A (106)
4) Roslyn A (132)