New York 2015

embokim
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2015

Post by embokim »

hey guys I am starting a team at my high school, and I was wondering if you knew how to register because the site at the New York State website is down and says 404 Error. Thx.
Happy to be here
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0

Post by John Richardsim »

embokim wrote:hey guys I am starting a team at my high school, and I was wondering if you knew how to register because the site at the New York State website is down and says 404 Error. Thx.
Ah, it's always good to hear of new teams. But yeah, the New York state website is being reinvented and will be not fully available for...oh, I don't know, a few weeks maybe (depends on how quick the website renovation goes). I would expect them to get it up pretty quickly though.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

John Richardsim wrote:
embokim wrote:hey guys I am starting a team at my high school, and I was wondering if you knew how to register because the site at the New York State website is down and says 404 Error. Thx.
Ah, it's always good to hear of new teams. But yeah, the New York state website is being reinvented and will be not fully available for...oh, I don't know, a few weeks maybe (depends on how quick the website renovation goes). I would expect them to get it up pretty quickly though.
Pftttt let a NYer answer!

When I checked it out, the main forms you needed for competition were there and uploaded. Does the website still not work for you? Maybe try clearing history or something, though it might work for you now regardless. Or are you just talking about the certificates? Those do get a 404 error for me, but they are not essential for getting to competition. Admittedly registration instructions just aren't uploaded, but if you're eager to find out, then maybe you can have your coach or someone try emailing around to big NYS people. Some emails I have are [email protected] (which I think is the state email/Harold Miller or something like that) and [email protected] (BroNi!). Hope that helps. In the mean time you can still do other preparations, but yeah, I know NYSers are probably a bit more wary of sign ups...good luck!
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

syo_astro wrote:
John Richardsim wrote:
Pftttt let a NYer answer!

When I checked it out, the main forms you needed for competition were there and uploaded. Does the website still not work for you? Maybe try clearing history or something, though it might work for you now regardless. Or are you just talking about the certificates? Those do get a 404 error for me, but they are not essential for getting to competition. Admittedly registration instructions just aren't uploaded, but if you're eager to find out, then maybe you can have your coach or someone try emailing around to big NYS people. Some emails I have are [email protected] (which I think is the state email/Harold Miller or something like that) and [email protected] (BroNi!). Hope that helps. In the mean time you can still do other preparations, but yeah, I know NYSers are probably a bit more wary of sign ups...good luck!
Who is BroNi anyway? I know he has an account on here, but I keeping hearing about him.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

Unome wrote: Who is BroNi anyway? I know he has an account on here, but I keeping hearing about him.
He's the best! Find his account, and then you'll knowwwww. Go NYS!
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

syo_astro wrote:
Unome wrote: Who is BroNi anyway? I know he has an account on here, but I keeping hearing about him.
He's the best! Find his account, and then you'll knowwwww. Go NYS!
NES for multiple building events over the years, technology rules committee, regional director in NY, awesome SOSI presenter....(i got to hold things for him at SOSI in July) He is Science Olympiad Famous.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”