Postby andrewwski » February 1st, 2015, 2:24 pm

Here's the results from Lake Erie/Niagara:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6dbk513x7dls ... 5.JPG?dl=0

caseyotis
Division: C
State: NY

Re: New York 2015

Postby caseyotis » February 2nd, 2015, 9:04 am

The Southern Tier regional has 15 teams competing this year, so they'll be sending three to states as last year. Historically they haven't posted any form of stats, and while that may not change, I will probably post the scores and medal count of each team that competes. The competition is this Saturday.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

mntvw
State: -

Postby mntvw » February 2nd, 2015, 10:07 am

Great for scores posted for Southern Tier. Odd that they don't generally post the grid. Why they don't usually? Is there something different about how they run Regionals?

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Postby syo_astro » February 2nd, 2015, 10:30 am

Great for scores posted for Southern Tier. Odd that they don't generally post the grid. Why they don't usually? Is there something different about how they run Regionals?
Yep, this was somewhat questioned last year. I think casey and blockhead (another user) were annoyed with the people in charge of the region because of this basically. One thing noted last year was that they, by states history, have really been a pretty good region, so it's a bit of a shame. I don't think I bothered to hazard a guess, and I never really could come up with a reason myself. As I recall, emails have been sent to try and get them to, but even so nothing happened.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteorology, Physical Science Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Earth's Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Gravity Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astronomy
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

mntvw
State: -

Postby mntvw » February 2nd, 2015, 10:40 am

Not annoying but I recall that many of the teams have gone to nationals in years past. It would be good if they would share their results like the rest of the regions do.

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby syo_astro » February 2nd, 2015, 10:45 am

Not annoying but I recall that many of the teams have gone to nationals in years past. It would be good if they would share their results like the rest of the regions do.
Yeah, as I said they had a good history, I did a whole thing last year of using results to show various states top 10 placings across MANY years (not mentioning the times with nats). Nobody here argues that they really do need to share their results, but I don't know if anyone really knows why they don't. If you somehow could get them to, I'm sure people would appreciate it, but I guess getting them to do it wouldn't be easy...for whatever reason.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteorology, Physical Science Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Earth's Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Gravity Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astronomy
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

caseyotis

Postby caseyotis » February 2nd, 2015, 12:17 pm

Yep, this was somewhat questioned last year. I think casey and blockhead (another user) were annoyed with the people in charge of the region because of this basically. One thing noted last year was that they, by states history, have really been a pretty good region, so it's a bit of a shame. I don't think I bothered to hazard a guess, and I never really could come up with a reason myself. As I recall, emails have been sent to try and get them to, but even so nothing happened.
They've have a lot of shifts in management in recent times, but I have been sort of vocal in trying to get them to post stats and they weren't very open about it for reasons entirely unknown. Last time they owed it to a lack of technological proficiency. I don't even know what to think.

Also recently, they haven't done all that well at states. Vestal and Maine-Endwell go and end up around the middle half (judging by the last couple of years; I know that Maine-Endwell has a history of nationals attendance), and the third team usually ends up in the bottom ten. Hopefully that will change this year. Ithaca is hoping to make states, and my completely unbiased analysis of that possibility is that it is likely. We'll see.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Flavorflav

Postby Flavorflav » February 3rd, 2015, 4:54 pm

Lower Hudson often doesn't post, either. I have no idea what their results were last Saturday.

annaphase

Postby annaphase » February 4th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Lower Hudson often doesn't post, either. I have no idea what their results were last Saturday.
They're sending 5 teams as usual, most of them the same as usual. I don't know, however, whether they're going to make the scoring grid available
"What are the squiggly things for?"~Protein Modeling
"150 degrees Celsius? Either this graph is wrong, or the only place this enzyme is active is in hell." ~Cell Bio

Flavorflav

Postby Flavorflav » February 5th, 2015, 5:52 am

They're sending 5 teams as usual, most of them the same as usual. I don't know, however, whether they're going to make the scoring grid available
Do you have the top five?

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”